Top Ten Books I'd like to get from Santa (Top Ten Tuesday)

Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Books I'd like to get from Santa (Top Ten Tuesday)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is the Top Ten : Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under My Tree This Year

What book-lover doesn't fall asleep on Christmas Eve with visions of books dancing in their heads?
So, here are the books I'd be happy to find under the tree this year!


01.The Hufflepuff Edition of the HP series- 'Puff Pride! How cool are these!? House specific Harry Potter books are amazing and as soon as I knew they existed I wanted them. Sadly they run upwards of $200, so not until after I win the lottery. If you do have the money and would like a set for yourself they are available here!

02. Russian Roulette: The Story of an Assassin by Anthony Horowitz - It's the last book I need to complete the Alex Rider book series, so I need it (in the matching cover design!)

03. The Complete Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer - I don't own any of them (at least physical copies) and I haven't read the last one at all! This needs to be remedied.

04. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster -I love this book, and it's a great learning tool. Knowledge is power!

05. The Woman Who Died by Jasper Fforde - This is another book that I need to complete a set, so it would need to match my others or it would drive me crazy to look at it on my shelf. It would probably make a great gift idea for a passive aggressive person who was angry with me...

06. Jane Austen: The Complete Works: Classic Hardcovers  - Too expensive for me to actually buy when I already have hardcover versions of pretty much all of these books individually, but so very pretty.

07. The Infernal Devices books 2 & 3 by Cassandra Clare - I've read the second book, but only have the ebook. I haven't gotten around to the third book yet, but considering that I love the series and already own one book, I definitely want the set.

08. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Illustrated Edition -Pricey for a single book, but more affordable, though slightly less awesome, than the Hufflepuff set.

09. Ultimate Spider-Man Omnibus Volume One -I love hardcovers (if you haven't noticed) and I also love Ultimate Spider-Man (at least until they murdered him and caused me permanent emotional scarring) so this would be great to have. I can continue to live in denial as long as I don't own the last few issues, which means I'd be safe here as this only goes up to the 39th issue. I'd love them up until the last story arc, but only volume one is currently out. It's even leather-bound! This is one classy comic book.

10. Cool Bookshelves -Not exactly a book, but I need to put my spoils somewhere! And the shelves I already have are just about ready to buckle. But do crazy awesome bookshelves really need an explanation?


This was a completely materialistic list, but I swear I have actual real Christmas spirit not tied to hypothetical gifts. With that in mind, I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas, or a very Happy Holiday Season, and enjoy the time with your family, the delicious food, the fun parties, and yes, the books you get too.


What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Stephanie

Stephanie is a tutor who loves helping people improve and excel. She loves a good story, so is obsessed with books, films, TV, and comics. A regular geek with a heart of gold ;)

20 comments:

  1. Oooh, I really hope you get the Infernal Devices books. Girl, you need to read that last book. It's the best one!

    My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it's driving Dreams crazy that I haven't read it yet. I just don't want to run out of new Infernal Devices material!

      Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  2. I have the Pride and Prejudice book from that Jane Austen set! It's gorgeous! and OMG that HP box set is incredible! I would love to get the Gryfindor version of that! great post this week! I hope you get some of the books you've been wishing for! Happy Holidays!
    Emily @http://www.wholly-books.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky! They are so beautiful. I just can't justify buying them when I already own hc of them all, they are too expensive for back-up copies ;) I have a hc with a dust jacket from the 1940's P&P movie. Which is kind of cool, even if the movie was strange.

      The Gryfindor version is just as pretty as the Hufflepuff one. In fact, they are all equally awesome. But so so expensive. Arg.

      Thanks for stopping by and commenting!

      Delete
  3. I love the clothbound classics. I have a small collection of them myself. I hope Santa is good to you. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The only thing better than books, are pretty books ;D

      Thanks for commenting. Merry Christmas and happy reading!

      Delete
  4. I love this list! It is so disappointing that the Harry Potter collection is so expensive, *sigh* how will we go on?? I hope you get everything that you've asked for and Merry Christmas!
    here's my ttt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Why can't we be rich? Or cool things be more affordable? It's tragic.

      Thanks for taking the time to comment! Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  5. great list! Those house-specific Harry Potter books look amazing! My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They do look amazing, don't they... Damn my empty pocketbook, lol.

      Delete
  6. I haven't read The Lunar Chronicles yet, but I'm so curious about this series! Everyone seems to really like it, so I hope I will, too! :D And bookshelves, oh, that's a must, I would LOVE to have beautiful bookshelves, too! :D
    Merry Christmas, I hope you'll get some wonderful presents and have a great time! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend them, especially if you are a fan of sci-fi or fairy tale retellings.

      Merry Christmas and thank you!

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness! I didn't know you could get house specific HP books... :O I'm definitely going to have to save up for those! As for Clockwork Princess, it's the best of all three! I really hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! And yes, the Hufflepuff HP collection would look gorgeous on my shelves, though all of the house covers are equally wonderful. I've heard great things about CP, but I hate endings and so I've been putting it off (much to my co-blogger's annoyance, lol).

      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  8. Hope you get at least some of these for Christmas. Merry Christmas!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/12/22/top-ten-tuesday-36/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oo! House editions for the HP series sounds like a fantastic idea! I would love to have set of green books sitting on my shelf. :p Though, that is quite pricey! Goodness!

    I love the idea of cool bookshelves! That's always a fantastic necessity for displaying all the books we own. ^.^ Plain IKEA bookshelves just don't do it. :p

    Merry Christmas! I hope you get the books on your wish list (or the bookshelf ^.^).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those HP sets are unfairly gorgeous. They are really expensive though, I can't justify it for books where I already own hc copies. But if someone else *cough*Santa*cough* were to get them for me, that's be great ;D Also, Slytherin and Hufflepuff always get a bad rap, so: House pride!

      Thanks for commenting, and Merry Christmas right back at ya!

      Delete
  10. I did not know there were special editions of the HP for each house! That is so cool! Would love to have them, but yeah, $200 is out of my range. After my last booksfortrade gets sent, I'll own the whole Lunar Chronicle series! Even though I've only read the first one. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The House editions are beautiful, but pricey. Maybe someday...

      You have so much to look forward to with the Lunar Chronicles. You are in for a very happy new year! ;D

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...