The #RockMyTBR Book Tag And All The Smashing Books I Plan To Devour

Monday, December 14, 2015

Paper Bindings - #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag

So Sarah over at The YA Book Traveler (with the help of Rachel @bargainsnbooks and Mikayla @rosieposiekayla) has created a book tag to go along with her 2016 Rock My TBR reading challenge.

If you missed my post from yesterday, then you might have missed how I decided this challenge was perfect for me and rushed to sign up. (You really should go back and read my sign up post, it has my list of books to be read on it. Maybe you want to buddy read something with me?)

Already this is shaping up to a fun challenge and we haven't even reached 2016 yet.

And now for the tag.

((Since most of my books are in storage for the time being, I only included ones I have with me below.))



SMELL LIKE TEEN SPIRIT (Nirvana)

A Contemporary I Want to Read

Paper Bindings - #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

I rather enjoyed Cynthia Hand's Unearthly series. So I was excited to buy this when I met the author. It's just that I'm not a contemporary girl. Plus, I think this book is going to make me cry. So I haven't read it yet to spare my feelings some doses of pain.

SHUT UP AND DANCE (Walk to the Moon)

Most Anticipated Book You Have

Paper Bindings - #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

The only reason I haven't read Vision in Silver already is because I'm afraid I am going to want more and I'm not big on waiting with my fragile feels on the line. I'm waiting to binge read a few books in this series, said every book hoarder out there.

CENTURIES (REMIX) (Fall Out Boy) 

A Twist on a Classic or Fairy Tale

Paper Bindings - #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

I have all sorts of good answers to this one, problem is they are all in storage from the move. My December TBR goal reread/read all of the White Rabbit Chronicles books, so by time 2016 rolls around, I may or may not have reached book four. 

YOSHIMI BATTLES THE PINK ROBOT (The Flaming Lips)

A Science Fiction Book or a Book Set in the Future

Paper Bindings - #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

Another one I had a hard time picking. Can you believe all my science fiction books but this seriesare in storage? After finishing These Broken Stars, I decided to save This Shattered World to read until I had the last book in my hands. All the feels might be the end of me.

So, I'll probably read this before 2016. But it's all I had so it gets listed.

SHE LOOKS SO PERFECT (5 Seconds of Summer)

A Book with a Girl on the Cover

Paper Bindings - #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

I own a lot of books with girls on the cover. The Notorous Pagan Jones was the first one I found that I still really want to read.

AFRICA (Toto)

A Book Set in a Foreign Country

Paper Bindings- #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

I don't have a lot of choices out of the pile with me, unless I simply started putting all the ones in fictional/fantasy worlds. But I wanted to try and come up with something in our world. From what I've been told The Conspiracy of Us has a lot of different geographical settings. 

ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST (Queen)

A Book or Books That Will Complete a Series

Paper Bindings - #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

Someone tell me why I haven't read this yet, because I honestly have no clue. I want to. Looking back, I delayed reading book of first two books too, then I ended up really loving them once I sat down and read them. This is an unfortunate trend for a good series. 

SOMEONE NEW (Hozier)

A Book by an Author You Haven’t Read Yet

Paper Bindings - #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

I laugh in the face of this one. I nearly took a picture of all the books I have with me. Just about every book I haven't read fits this category. Defy looks and sounds like it would be my kind of book. Which is why I picked it up.....when it first came out.

HELLO (Adele)

A Book your DNF or Weren’t in the Mood for at the Time

Paper Bindings- #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

I initially passed over reading The Scorpio Races, not once, but two times in recent years. I didn't care much when if was first brought to my attention. Then I heard somethings and actually read the blurb, and was intrigued. But the hype scared me so I haven't touched it since I got it.

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT (Kylie Minogue)

A Book you Bought Because of the Cover

Paper Bindings- #RockMyTBR 2016 Reading Challenge Book Tag (Created and tagged by Sarah @ The YA Book Traveler.)

All of them? No, seriously. If you've wonder why I have so many owned, unread books this is a big reason. (Darn you library book sales!) I'm a cover shopper. I'll even admit I bought several books because of their covers and still haven't read the blurbs of.

Scorched has a dragon on the cover. Dragon=instabuy. I can't help it, that's just the way life is.

- - -


This challenge is open to anyone, whether you joined the challenge or not. So I'm challenging anyone who is reading this. Because even if you are not participating, I'd bet you have enough books on your owned TBR to complete it.

2 comments:

  1. Vision in Silver is SO good! I loved it! But you do want the next one when you finish it so good call on waiting. I'm totally going to reread this series in preparation for the 4th book.

    I need to read The Scorpio Races too. *ducks head in shame* We should buddy read it together if you have time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Someone told me to hold on Silver and they scared me. My poor heart became afraid of a possible cliffhanger so I never picked it up. Just stared longingly at it from afar. Now you make me want to reread the whole series. I might have to do that too.

      We definitely should buddy read The Scorpio Races. Someone told me that it was a good discussion book, so it might make for a fun buddy read.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...