Its All Fun And Games As I Read Books And Eat Candy Canes - December 7th Through December 20th, 2015 Recap

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Paper Bindings - Bi-Weekly Recap
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.


This year is almost over. Help! Where did all the time go?

I spent most of my free time this month working on a lot of behind the scenes blogging stuff. Somethings you will see the effects of, and others are purely to help me become better organized and ready to take on 2016. 


In blogging news...

We completely redid our about page. It's almost 100% updated, we just need our new photos, and it will be good. My next page to tackle is our policies page. One step closer to being a better blogger with a perfect-for-us blog.

I've signed up for a few newsletter ecourses (Nosegraze's/Olyvia.co's) about improving your blog, but I am on the look out for more. If you guys see any out there, please let me know.

In bookish news...

I bought another mini-bookshelf to help tide me over until my furniture arrives. Which basically highlighted the fact I have way too many books now. This big purge I've been dreading is going to happen as soon as I get my belongings from storage. That, or I am going to be lining my floor with books and walking all over them because I'm going to run out of space.


What You've Missed

Monday, December 7th, 2015 - Top Five Assumptions People Make About Bookworms Because Humans Are Judgy Creatures
Tuesday, December 8th, 2015 - I Should Have Read These Author's Books A Long Time Ago (Top Ten Tuesday)
Wednesday, December 9th, 2015 - I'm Waiting To Ship An Unlikely Duo (Waiting on Wednesday)
Thursday, December 10th, 2015 - If You'd Reckoned It'd Be Worth A Bag Of Gold To Go Hunting The Outlaws Who Killed Yer Pa You'd Be Right - Vengeance Road (review)
Friday, December 11th, 2015 - Book Let Me List The Reasons I Love You So - Truthwitch (ARC review)
Sunday, December 13th, 2015 - #ROCKMYTBR Challenge I will Own You

Monday, December 14th 2015 - The #RockMyTBR Book Tag And All The Smashing Books I Plan To Devour
Tuesday, December 15th, 2015 - Top Ten Best Books I Read In 2015 (Top Ten Tuesday)
Wednesday, December 16th, 2015 - I'm Waiting To Find My Dragon Soul (Waiting on Wednesday)
Thursday, December 17th, 2015 - Tamora Pierce 2016 Reading Challenge
Friday, December 18th, 2015 - A Book That Reminds Us A Great Villain Could Have Been Anyone Of Us Growing Up - Fairest (review)

Did You Hear?


* Coming soon to a bookshelf near you is a Throne of Glass coloring book. So break out those crayons and dust off those colored pencils, they'll have a new use soon.

* You've seen this right? You've seen this a billion times right? I really cannot wait until I get to go see Fantastical Beasts and Where To Find Them in the theater.

Read



You Were Here by Cori McCarthy Breaking Sky by Cori McCarthyFairest (Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer - 4.5/5 starsWinter (Lunar chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer - 5/5 starsThe Raven's Prophecy Tarot by Maggie Stiefvater


* You Were Here by Cori McCarthy - 4/5 stars
* Breaking Sky by Cori McCarthy - 4/5 stars
Fairest (Lunar Chronicles #3.5) by Marissa Meyer - 4.5/5 stars
* Winter (Lunar Chronicles #4) by Marissa Meyer - 5/5 stars
The Raven's Prophecy Tarot by Maggie Stiefvater - 5/5 stars


Midnight In Death (In Death #7.5) by J.D. Robb (Nora Roberts)The Collins Case by Julie C. Gilbert


* Midnight In Death (In Death #7.5) by J.D. Robb - 4/5 stars
* The Collins Case (Heartfelt Cases #1) by Julie Gilbert - 1/5 stars

Added To The Never Ending TBR

Once Upon A Dream Books - December 7th Through December 20th, 2015 Biweekly Recap - My preorder of Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner with poster.
Preordered via Books of Wonder

It's so lovely. No those are not tears in my eyes. It's signed and personalized.

Once Upon A Dream Books - December 7th Through December 20th, 2015 Biweekly Recap - Three Lovely ARCs courtesy of SwitchPress
Thank you SwitchPress
There is nothing like surprise bookmail to get a girl feeling creative. I'm looking forward to diving into this pile.


*via NetGalley* Thank you Spencer Hill!



How was your week?

6 comments:

  1. Throne of Glass coloring book?! Awesome! I love the new blog design, looks very clean and fresh. I just re-did mine too :) It is work to redo everything, but I think it is fun too!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a coloring girl sometimes (other times I live for colored pencils) but I need a ToG coloring book in ways I never imagined. Somehow I except I'll need more red for our fiery heroine.

      Thank you. It's not 100% what I wanted, but we are getting them. I'm trying to focus on the 'less is more' mentality. I'll have to go check your out right now. It's a lot of work, but even one small change can revamp any site and make you fall in love with it again.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Dang, it seems like you had a great two weeks. You got tons of good reading done (I really wanna read You Were Here) and a ton of good books for review. Bookishly Ever After seems like an amazing book, perfect for bookworms! Have a great week!

    My Sunday post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think those were my best two reading weeks of the entire year. I really cannot believe how happy I was with those books. I gave You Were Here a 4/5 and I don't like contemporary books, so that's says a lot. Hope you get to read it soon. I think it is still on NetGalley. I'm only about 1/10 of the way through Bookishly Ever After, but right now, I think the heroine is literally every single one of us bookworms and in one package. Pretty cute so far.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. You got so much reading done these past two weeks! That's awesome! I am really looking forward to seeing your thoughts on BREAKING SKY since I have yet to start reading it but want to.

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? My Muse was like "give me all the books and no one gets hurt" so I complied with her demands. XD I don't think Breaking Sky was entirely what I thought it was going to be but I still enjoyed it. My review should be up shortly. Now I'm curious to see what you thought of it once you get to read it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...