Who Knew College Could Be So Steamy? - Wait For You (Review)

Saturday, November 14, 2015


Wait For You by J. Lynn

TITLE: Wait for You (Wait for You #1)
AUTHOR: J. Lynn (Jennifer L. Armentrout)
RELEASE DATE: February 26th 2013
PUBLISHER: Initial Self Published - Avon/William Morrow
add to goodreads

“Some things are worth waiting for…

Traveling thousands of miles from home to enter college is the only way nineteen-year-old Avery Morgansten can escape what happened at the Halloween party five years ago—an event that forever changed her life. All she needs to do is make it to her classes on time, make sure the bracelet on her left wrist stays in place, not draw any attention to herself, and maybe—please God—make a few friends, because surely that would be a nice change of pace. The one thing she didn’t need and never planned on was capturing the attention of the one guy who could shatter the precarious future she’s building for herself.

Some things are worth experiencing…

Cameron Hamilton is six feet and three inches of swoon-worthy hotness, complete with a pair of striking blue eyes and a remarkable ability to make her want things she believed were irrevocably stolen from her. She knows she needs to stay away from him, but Cam is freaking everywhere, with his charm, his witty banter, and that damn dimple that’s just so… so lickable. Getting involved with him is dangerous, but when ignoring the simmering tension that sparks whenever they are around each other becomes impossible, he brings out a side of her she never knew existed.

Some things should never be kept quiet…

But when Avery starts receiving threatening emails and phone calls forcing her to face a past she wants silenced, she’s has no other choice but to acknowledge that someone is refusing to allow her to let go of that night when everything changed. When the devastating truth comes out, will she resurface this time with one less scar? And can Cam be there to help her or will he be dragged down with her?

And some things are worth fighting for…”




RELATED : White Hot Kiss // Stone Cold Touch // Every Last Breath // Onyx // Half Blood // Damion 

What I Liked.

* Avery 

Every other new adult book out there practically requires the heroine to be plain, dull, and a virgin. Avery was pretty and she knew she was pretty. Which sounds so shallow and cheesy, but it was a welcome surprise. 

Yet she didn't fall into that stereotype either. Avery had her issues that debilitated her in social situations, but she was still lovable and respectable. All I wanted to do was hug her and suture the wounds in her soul so she could move on with her life. 

* Cam and Avery

I loved every aspect of their relationship. It was believable, it was lovable, and you couldn't help but root for them. They brought out the best in each other, and overcame the worst.


What I Didn't Like.

* Man whores.

I am so tired of this trope. Don't get me wrong, I loved Cam. But it feels like every single time I read a book with a popular, good looking gentleman he has to have visited every female's bed within his corner of the world. Until he meets the one magical virgin he's been searching for and she tames his wild ways. 

I'm sorry guys, I just don't believe that shit is real.

Overall

Overall I adored Wait For You. I feel bad for sitting on this series for so long before picking it up since I own most of the books already. So I am super excited to pick up the next book in the series soon.



"As long as the sun’s shining, shit can’t be that bad."

"My brain was telling me this was a bad idea and I told my brain to shut the fuck up, because it rarely told me anything helpful."

"I want to be here with you, Avery. You don't have to worry about impressing me or wowing me. You've already done that."


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...