Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read in 2015 (Top Ten Tuesday)

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read in 2015 (Top Ten Tuesday)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

01. Silent Alarm by Jennifer Banash - "I didn't like drawing attention to myself in any way. I was wary of even raising my hand in class - even when I knew the right answer. Instead, I sat there, the unsaid words scalding the inside of my mouth. It wasn't that I had nothing to say, but I didn't know where to start. I was a coward. Worried about being wrong all the time, terrified of failure. I watched my peers with barely contained fascination, as if they were exotic pets - how they spoke in class, their entitlement palpable. I was never so sure about anything."

02. Noggin by John Corey Whaley - "And I wish more than anything that we could all go back to the way it was, that we were all sixteen again and you didn't have to go away. But you know what else? I bet we could walk into that store right over there and ask any stranger we ran into if they wanted the same exact thing, and they'd say yes. Everyone wants to change the past, Travis. But they can't. None of us can."

03. Everything Everything by Nicola Yoon -""Everything is a risk. Not doing anything is a risk. It's up to you."

04. The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak
-"Life is never going to give you a break. It's a hard, unforgiving son of a bitch, and when it steamrolls you over, there are only two choices: stay down, or get back on your feet and fight."

05. Paper Towns by John Green - “Did you know that for pretty much the entire history of the human species, the average life span was less than thirty years? You could count on ten years or so of real adulthood, right? There was no planning for retirement, There was no planning for a career. There was no planning. No time for plannning. No time for a future. But then the life spans started getting longer, and people started having more and more future. And now life has become the future. Every moment of your life is lived for the future--you go to high school so you can go to college so you can get a good job so you can get a nice house so you can afford to send your kids to college so they can get a good job so they can get a nice house so they can afford to send their kids to college.”

06. Fan Girl by Rainbow Rowell -"Someday you'll need health insurance, and you won't think working at Starbucks is funny."

07. The 100 by Kass Morgan
- "You need to let yourself be happy. Or else, what's the point of anything?"

08. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - "Be a little kinder than you have to."

09. Cartwheel by Jennifer duBois - "She didn't want to tiptoe through her life - she wanted to act impulsively; she wanted to be understood and, if need be, forgiven. She wanted everyone to know that she meant well. She wanted everyone to fucking relax."

10. Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between by Jennifer E. Smith - "Maybe it's okay to be a little lost."

What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

9 comments:

  1. I love that Noggin quote. It's so accurate. Everybody has something in their past they want to change, but it's not possible. And that's okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! Thanks for stopping by :) Have you read Noggin?

      Delete
  2. The more of I see of Fangirl the more I want to read it! I really have to get that book! And the #10 quote- love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, stop whatever you are doing and read Fangirl right away! lol. Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I am loving finding some new quotes!! They make me want to read the book even more!! Great ones here.
    ❤️Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you found some new books :)

      Delete
  4. I am loving finding some new quotes!! They make me want to read the book even more!! Great ones here.
    ❤️Britt @ Please Feed The Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good choice of quotes! I need to read some of those books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy them! Let me know which ones you read :)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...