Up On The Silver Screen (Top Ten Tuesday)

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Paper Bindings - Up On The Silver Screen (Top Ten Tuesday)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is the Top Ten Book To Movie Adaptations I Still Need To Watch:

*In no particular order*

**Apparently I'm in the mood to torture myself. Either I've heard bad things about the movies, the books, or I'm going to end up crying.**


the hostthe great gatsby


01. The Host  - I have heard every possible bad thing about this movie, but somehow I still want to watch. But I'm not paying for it, so I'm stuck waiting for it to come on tv for free. The book aggravated me a lot less than the Twilight books did, so there's that going for it. 

02. The Great Gatsby - I don't know why I want to see this movie. I read the book in school a long time ago, but I can't recall actually liking it.

diary of a wimpy kidthe lovely bonespaper towns

03. Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Because I said once I might watch that. My brother liked the books before he grew out of them.

04. The Lovely Bones - I own this book...still haven't read it. But maybe I'll watch the movie?

05. Paper Towns - I heard bad things but I kind of want to see it still.


the longest ridethe duff


06. The Longest Ride - This is the one on the list that I actually really do want to see. But it's Nicolas Sparks so I'm going to crying my fricken heart out, which is why I haven't seen it yet.

07. Duff - I still need to read the book too. Considering I saved this book from my sister's donation pile just so I could read it, I need to get on this.


the giveranna kareninascorch trials


08. The Giver - Because I liked this book back in fifth grade when we read it.

09. Anna Karenina - I have no idea why I want to see this movie, so don't ask.

10. The Scorch Trials - It's like a wreck, I can't turn away. Even though I totally abandoned the books like they were on fire.

Have you seen any of these movies or read their books? What am I in for?

What is your Top Ten this week?

8 comments:

  1. The Host is on my list too :) I really enjoyed Scorch Trials, I haven't read any of the Maze Runner books but the movies are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the Maze Runner movie a lot more than I enjoyed the book. But I've heard some spoilery things about the plot, so I'm not sure if I'll read the books or not. But I still want to see the movie.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I liked the diary of a wimpy kid movies. They are cute! I do want to see the Giver as well but I am scared they screwed up a classic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of my friends said The Giver was disappointing so I got really scared to see it too.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Great movies on your list! I ran away from The Maze Runner books too. The first book was just so bad. But then I loved the first film and really loved the second one too. They haven't really stuck to the books at all, which is a good thing. I loved The DUFF film, but it is very different to the book. I'd recommend reading the book first. I really enjoyed The Lovely Bones movie, but I love the book too. Here's my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice! I really do want to read these books before I see the movies (except Maze Runner series.) Now you have me curious as to how movie two will differ from the books. I wonder if they'll take out the parts that annoyed me.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. The Host film adaptation wasn't bad. Neither was The Lovely Bones. Though the book was awesome. The Great Gatsby (Leo version) wasn't good.The Giver film I heard is nothing like the book. I read the Scorch Trials, but I still haven't seen the film. Kinda bummed. I really wanted to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard the same thing about the Great Gatsby. So disappointing. I'm saving this one for when I see it on tv for free.

      Is the lovely bones as sad as the trailer made it look? Will i cry buckets?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...