Please Sir Publishers Can We Get Some More (Top Ten Tuesday)

Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Paper Bindings Please Sir Publishers Can We Get Some More - Debut Authors (Top Ten Tuesday)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is the Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Us Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel:

the last leaves fallingthe witch hunter


01. Sarah Benwell - I thought The Last Leaves Falling was beautifully written and had a unique setting and premise.

02. Virginia Boecker - I loved The Witch Hunter and was super lucky to be able to get my copy of her book signed when I met her at the Books Of Wonder event she attended.


everything everythingheartbreakersthe girl at midnight



03. Nicola Yoon - Though the ending of Everything Everything irritated me, I love Yoon’s writting style and her as a person. She’s Jamaican! She’s a self proclaimed late bloomer! Wait, is this me we are talking about?

04. Ali Novak - Heartbreakers surprisingly turned out to be one of the best books I read this year.

05. Melissa Gray - I enjoyed The Girl At Midnight and I’m curious as to where the author is going to take this series next.

we were liarsDentons little death date


06. E. Lockhart - While I did not completely jump on the We Were Liars bandwagon, I am interested in seeing what Lockhart does next.

07. Lance Rubin - I am definitely anticipating the sequel to Denton’s Little Deathdate.

rules of seductiona death struck yearthis is where it ends


08. Jenna Mullins - Rules of Seduction was a cute read. I am interested in seeing what other fun behind the scenes Hollywood stories Mullins comes up with next.

09. Makiia Lucier- I enjoyed A Deathstruck Year and I am always looking for new historical fiction writers.

10. Marieke Nijkamp - This is Where it Ends definitely felt like a debut novel, it had potential, but in my opinion was not quite there yet. I think Nijkamp’s next book will be amazing.

What is your Top Ten this week? Do you agree with our picks?

8 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about We Were Liars!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't a bad book, I just didn't love it. I hope you do though! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Great list. You have a few books on here that I have read and enjoyed myself. I think I am also going to have to add a few of these to my Christmas wishlist, it looks like I have missed out on some great debuts recently. I am especially excited to read This is Where it Ends, I have heard so many good things about that one. Here’s my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am glad you found some new books to read. This is Where it Ends was pretty good, I hope you like it! Thank you for you comment!

      Delete
  3. Great list! I loved Everything Everything and I'm looking forward to Nicola Yoons next book. I also really enjoyed The Heartbreakers too and I'm looking forward to the next book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am glad someone else like The Heartbreakers too! What did you think about the cover?

      Delete
  4. This Is Where It Ends is a book I really want to read!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/04/top-ten-tuesday-29/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...