A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme is the Top Ten Debut Authors Who Have Us Looking Forward To Their Sophomore Novel:
01. Sarah Benwell - I thought The Last Leaves Falling was beautifully written and had a unique setting and premise.
02. Virginia Boecker - I loved The Witch Hunter and was super lucky to be able to get my copy of her book signed when I met her at the Books Of Wonder event she attended.
03. Nicola Yoon - Though the ending of Everything Everything irritated me, I love Yoon’s writting style and her as a person. She’s Jamaican! She’s a self proclaimed late bloomer! Wait, is this me we are talking about?
04. Ali Novak - Heartbreakers surprisingly turned out to be one of the best books I read this year.
05. Melissa Gray - I enjoyed The Girl At Midnight and I’m curious as to where the author is going to take this series next.
06. E. Lockhart - While I did not completely jump on the We Were Liars bandwagon, I am interested in seeing what Lockhart does next.
07. Lance Rubin - I am definitely anticipating the sequel to Denton’s Little Deathdate.
08. Jenna Mullins - Rules of Seduction was a cute read. I am interested in seeing what other fun behind the scenes Hollywood stories Mullins comes up with next.
09. Makiia Lucier- I enjoyed A Deathstruck Year and I am always looking for new historical fiction writers.
10. Marieke Nijkamp - This is Where it Ends definitely felt like a debut novel, it had potential, but in my opinion was not quite there yet. I think Nijkamp’s next book will be amazing.
What is your Top Ten this week? Do you agree with our picks?