These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things - #TheShelfieHop

Monday, November 16, 2015

Paper Bindings - #TheShelfieHop

I could take a picture of my lovely books shelves for The Shelfie Hop, I really wanted to, but that would mean taking pictures of some ugly brown boxes. Why? Because my books are all packed away from my multiple moves.

Never move guys, it's like you're parted from your souls, and all you want to read is the books you have in storage.

So instead of sharing my shelves with you, I promise to spam you all on Instagram with them later, I am going to share with you a few of my favorite books. At least the few that I currently have in my possession.

Paper Bindings - The Shelfie Hop
These are a few of my favorite things.
Now you'll notice that they are are pretty recent, and that's because the rest of my preciouses are trapped in boxes in storage. How cruel of me.

Fairest and Truthwitch were BEA 2015 spoils of war. It was super special to be able to meet and talk with these lovely ladies.

Illuminae also came from BEA. There it was sitting in a massive pile. I knew I wanted to read it because of the authors, but who knew I'd fall in love with the book as well?

The Orphan Queen came from my first ever book signing/author event. I was so lucky I was able to attend, plus I think I found my bookish soulmate: Tobiah. <3

I'm still not sure about this whole contacting the publishers thing for ARCs. What if I make a mistake and offend someone with my freshmen ways? But I fell in love with Lois Lane: Fallout by Gwenda Bond, that I just had to take a chance. Double Down is my first ever ARC I've ever sought after and received. We will just ignore the string of rejections in my past, because this book and I were meant to be.


Jo's

Paper Bindigns - The Shelfie HopPaper Bindings - The Shelfie Hop


My bookshelf has so many books, I needed two pictures; and there is more… so much more… I started out grouping the books by genre… school books on top, adult books after then, then the YA and middle grade books… now it is basically where things will fit.

Participants

14 comments:

  1. Awh it's too bad your books are in storage! When they are unpacked, I can't wait to see them!

    Jamie @ Books and Ladders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, I will be spamming Instagram with them. XD Plus I've got the tags to do too. I'm going to use this unpacking and rearranging as an opportunity to work on taking better pictures.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Even though you don't have many of them at least you have some FABULOUS books with you! Gosh, I do hope to meet Jodi Meadows one day! Also, yay for Illuminae HC arc! The final copy is soooo amazing! I still need to read the Lois Lane book, I guess I didn't realize how much you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like Gollum. My preciouses. XD Jodi was super sweet and fun in person. She's just how you'd picture she would be. Maybe when MK comes out? If not I think she said they'd probably tour for MLJ. I cannot wait to get my final copy of Illuminae, it's in transit as we speak. Or type ;) I really loved the Lois Lane series, both books were 5 star reads for me.

      Thank you for stopping by Sarah!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful! I've not read Louis Lane...you loved it I assume? I should pick it up at some point. I can't imagine being apart from my books...I'm sure it's a horrible feeling. Hopefully you'll have them all back soon? I think we'll be doing this once or twice a year so hopefully by then you'll be all settled. I look forward to your Instagram pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave both books in the Lois Lane series 5 star ratings. They were really fun, interesting, and swoonworthy reads. I should get my books back soonish. At least that's the plan anyways. With the holidays coming up, we will see how that goes. I loved participating in this hop! So I definitely hope you guys continue to host it. It was really cool to look around and see everyone's shelves.

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Moving is tough :/ Also fishing around a brown box trying to find a book is the WORST! FIRST OF ALL... which box did you even put it in??? The worst game of hide and seek tbh

    Love the copies you pulled out to share :D Hope you get to set up shop and put your lovely reads on display real soon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? "Did I put it in the Lowes or the Home Depot box? Or maybe it was this random shipping one?" The struggles of a moving book nerd.

      Thank you and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Lots of my books are inaccessible now, too. Woe, woe, etc! I need to read Illuminae, been hearing so much buzz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww.*missing book sympathy hug* You do! Illuminae was wonderful if you can get into the style it's presented in.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Oh man! I'm sorry your books are in storage! Hopefully you'll be able to get them out soon! You have some wonderful books to get you by in the mean time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. $10 bucks says as soon as I get my books bad the first book I read comes from the library. XD Yay for being a mood reader. ;)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I am looking forward to more pictures :) And Truthwitch *_*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope to be able to share them soon. I hope we get to do this hop again, it was a lot of fun checking out everyone's photos. Truthwitch was wonderful. I hope you enjoy it when you get it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...