Ten Fictional Families I'd Like to Celebrate Thanksgiving With (Top Ten Tuesday)

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Paper Bindings | Ten Fictional Families I'd Like to Celebrate Thanksgiving With (Top Ten Tuesday)
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


01. The Weasleys - Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling. I have always wanted to be apart of a big family. The Weasleys are fun and welcoming. Remember when Mrs. Weasley gave Harry her brother's watch? All the feels.

02. The Mellarks/Everdeens - Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. I am really curious what kind of life Peeta and Katniss had after the war was over.

03. The Tudors - Innocent Traitor by Alison Weir. Nothing says dysfunction like the Tudors. How awkward would a meal be with Henry VIII, his six wives and three children? I would like to watch.

04. The Landons - Catcher, Caught by Sarah Honenberger. With two hippie parents and three very different boys, I think this Thanksgiving would be very interesting.

05. The Finnegans/Soames - The Tea Rose by Jennifer Donnelly. I really liked Thomas' interaction with Fiona's siblings and thought they made a nice family together. I would eat dinner at their table.

06. The Halls - If I Stay by Gayle Forman. They were just a cool modern family.

07. The Smiths - Going Bovine by Libba Bray. Mad Cow brought them all together and I am very curious to see where they all are now.

08. The Finches - To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. I haven't read Go Tell a Watchman, but Atticus Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird is the quintessential father.

09. The Marches - Little Women by Lousia May Alcott. I know, I know I said I would retire this book, but I couldn't let this one go without the Marches.

10. The Ingalls - Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. I am a little more familiar with the twisted, but awesome Michael Landon version of Little House, but the Ingalls have always been a warm and inviting version of the American pioneer family.

What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

24 comments:

  1. Oh what a great selection of literary families to spend Thanksgiving with! :-) I'm sure they'd make the day even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You found a Look Back to Yesterday gif?!! Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Ingalls got on to my list too :) I tried to keep it American, which made it a bit more difficult! The Weasley's would be amazing though, they're such a loving family. And I hadn't thought of the Hunger Games, but now that you've explained your reasoning, I can't get that idea out of my head. I wonder what they would be like? Messed up, of course, but what else?
    Here's my list: https://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/top-ten-tuesday-30-thanksgiving-incomplete/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you liked it especially the Hunger Games one. Did you see the film yet? I liked your twist on the topic this week on your site.

      Delete
  4. Great list! I never would have thought of the Hunger Games but it would be absolutely fascinating to spend a day with them and really see what their life is like. The Weasley's and the Ingalls would be fantastic as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would also be curious how the Mellarks and future everdeens would be. Awesome Picks. Have a Happy Thanksgiving! Here's my Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay I love the Peeta & Katniss love! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  6. I don't know if I'd want to spend any time with the Tudors!! They seem like a dangerous family to be around... Haha!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha true maybe just an attendant then ! Thanks for the comment 😃!

      Delete
  7. A collaboration of The Marches and The Weasley's would be absolutely perfect! :D Great picks here, I would so love to be best friends with Jo March- such an inspirational character :-) Here is my TTT post @ Emma's Bookery ,of Ten Authors I'm Thankful For if you would like to check it out! Hope you're having a great week so far! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Agreed, a potential daughter will be named Josephine lol I hope you are having a good week as well!

      Delete
  8. Would love to spend Thanksgiving with the Weasleys!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/11/24/top-ten-tuesday-32/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be so much fun! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  9. I would love to celebrate with The Ingalls !
    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! Have you watched the show? Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. What a great selection, The Weasleys would be my favourite from your list, I think Molly makes an excellent cook!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't even think of that! Mrs. Weasley would be a good cook!

      Delete
  11. We share a few families on our lists, the most important being the Weasley's! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...