I Guess It Really Does Rain Gorgeous Guys After All - Storm (Review)

Sunday, November 15, 2015


Storm by Brigid Kemmerer

TITLE: Storm (Elemental #1)
AUTHOR: Brigid Kemmerer
RELEASE DATE: April 24th 2012
PUBLISHER: Kensington
add to goodreads

“Earth, Fire, Air, Water – they have more power than you dream.

Ever since her ex-boyfriend spread those lies about her, Becca Chandler is suddenly getting all the guys—all the ones she doesn't want. Then she saves Chris Merrick from a beating in the school parking lot. Chris is different. Way different: he can control water—just like his brothers can control fire, wind, and earth. They’re powerful. Dangerous. Marked for death.

And now that she knows the truth, so is Becca.

Secrets are hard to keep when your life’s at stake. When Hunter, the mysterious new kid around school, turns up with a talent for being in the wrong place at the right time, Becca thinks she can trust him. But then Hunter goes head-to-head with Chris, and Becca wonders who’s hiding the most dangerous truth of all.

The storm is coming . . .”



*4.5 stars rounded up*



What I Liked


* It was interesting. 

I've always liked elemental stories. So a family where each son had a special connection to the four elements? How could I not want to read this book.

* The characters.

I really can't decide which brother I love the most. They were all fun and fresh. Each guy had his own traits, his own "stereotypical" role he played. Yet they were well rounded and far from being simply a box to check on the character-must-have-in-a-novel list.

The character dynamics in Storm were spectacular. You really saw this with the brother's relationships. They were real. They fought and bickered, but they were a family and they would always fight for each other first.

* No Dull Moment.

This book started with action and it never really let up. Even when we weren't throwing punches and tossing lightning bolts, the story kept moving at a rapid pace. 

What I Didn't Like


* It was predictable.

Storm managed to keep from falling into the predictable-boring category because it was such a fun, humorous book. But all the major plot twists weren't that hard to predict. There wasn't one single moment where I didn't know what was going to happen next or who was really what.



"'So let me get this straight. He threw the note at Tommy and then told him to fuck off? Or do I have it backwards?'
'I’m detecting some sarcasm.'
'And then got himself sent the principal’s office because he was ready to defend your honor?'
'Quinn.'
'No, I think you might be on to something. This is clearly an elaborate plot to screw with you. He asks you out, he defends you from that meathead—what next? Crap, Bex, do you think he will do something truly horrible like buy you flowers?'"

"I get hassled enough. I need my job. I don’t need to be in the middle of some version of West Side Story meets High School Musical."

"I just heard my number called and thought I’d better show up."


Overall


Overall I enjoyed reading Storm. This is one series I am certainly going to continue reading.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...