Another Month Time Stole - October Recap

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Paper Bindings - Another Month Time Stole - October Recap

October Was Full Of Emotions.

To start, my sister was chosen at Ollivanders' to get her wand. 

It was like that moment in Mulan where Mushu was crying and saying "my baby's all grown up and saving China." Out of all the people I've ever known who love Harry Potter, my sister is the ultimate fan. So for her to be chosen, was a dream come true.

Naturally, I needed to buy the wand that chose her for her as an early Christmas gift.

I mean, how can you walk away from that wand?

Which was all the excuse I needed to buy myself a wand. I was waiting towards Christmas for reasons, but when in Diagon Alley...

On the bookish front, I'm kind of having a bookish crisis. 

There are just some things that are no longer working for me as a blogger anymore. Over the coming weeks/months I am going to be changing things up. Whether it is a simple reformatting of a post (notice the changes on this page? I'm like it a bit more now) or removing/adding somethings all together, I have a lot to figure out and do.



I Read

27 books this month.


vicious by v.e. schwabdark heart of magic by jennifer estepashes of midnight by lara adrianshades of midnight by lara adriantaken by midnight by lara adrian

Vicious by V.E. Schwab - 3/5
Dark Heart of Magic (Black Blade #2) by Jennifer Estep - 4/5
Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed #6) by Lara Adrian - 3/5
Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed #7) by Lara Adrian - 4/5
Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed #8) by Lara Adrian - 4/5

the glowing knight by jodi meadowsthe mirror king by jodi meadowsdead radiance by tg ayerstar kissed by lizzy fordstate of grace by hilary badger

* The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen #2) by Jodi Meadows - 5/5
Dead Radiance by T.G. Ayer - DNF
Star Kissed by Lizzy Ford - DNF
* State of Grace by Hilary Badger - 3.5/5

From Gods To Monsters anthologyChosen by Denise Grover SwankSampson's Lovely Mortal by Tin FolsomSower of Dreams by Debra HollandThe Source of Magic by Cate Rowan

From Gods To Monsters anthology which consisted of the following four stories:
Chosen by Denise Grover Swank - DNF
* Sampson's Lovely Mortal by Tina Folsom - DNF
* Sower of Dreams by Debra Holland - DNF
* The Source of Magic by Cate Rowan - DNF
It did contain one other story, Caged by Amer Lynn Natusch, but I already read that novel.

An Apprentice To Elves by Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bearchosen by jolea m harrisoncoexist by julia cranereveal by brina courtneyink and bone by rachel caine

* An Apprentice To Elves (Iskryne World #3) by Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bear - 3.5/5 
* Chosen by Jolea M. Harrison - DNF
* Coexist by Julia Crane - DNF
* Reveal by Brina Courtney - DNF
* Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1) by Rachel Caine - DNF

after the red rain by barry lygawild born by brandon mullhopeless by collen hooverThe Tenth Life of Vicki Torres by Shona HuskSplit Second by Kasie West

* After The Red Rain by Barry Lyga - 4/5
* Hopeless by Colleen Hoover - DNF
* Wild Born by Bradon Mull - DNF
* The Tenth Life Of Vicki Torres by Shona Husk - 5/5
* Split Second (#2) by Kasie West - DNF

Ruin and Rising by Leigh BardugoStorm by Brigid KemmererSister's Fate by Jessica Spotswood

Ruin and Rising (Grisha #3) by Leigh Bardugo - 2/5
* Storm (#1) by Brigid Kemmerer - 4.5/5
* Sister's Fate (Cahill #3) by Jessica Spotswood - 2/5

For an overall rating of 1.9/5 stars this month.



If You Look At It This Way

Paper Bindings

That DNF pile kills me! Was it because October was a stressful/emotional month? Or was it the books I was trying to read? A combination of both?

We Also Shared

Read Previously But Review Posted This Month:

Nothing to see here folks.


Co-Blogger Reviews:

Tisha's:
Rules of Seduction by Jenna Mullins - 3/5  


In Case You Might Have Missed It




Plans For The Future

Blogging wise, November is all about completion and change. I have some behind the scenes plans I am working on and some ideas I like to implement. 

As far as books go, I want to focus on reading what I have in preparation for yet another move and packing. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...