A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's theme is the Top Ten: Wishes I'd ask the Book Genie to grant me!
01. - Now, genies traditionally only allow for three wishes, so I'll start by wishing for 7 extra wishes! This of course, totally breaks all of the established rules on genie etiquette, but for the purposes of this list (and perhaps because book genies can only effect the realm of books and therefore are more lenient on the whole 3 WISHES ONLY rule) the genie totally allows it!
02. For all my OTP's to get together in their books - Let's be real, this is the first thing that popped into your mind too, isn't it? I have an iffy track record in choosing the same dream pairing as the author, so this wish would do me a lot of favors.
03. For a magic switch to shut off all the Feels - I once read an amazing Hunger Games fanfiction that had me randomly bursting into tears for weeks, so imagine what havoc actual full-length published works can wreak on my fragile psyche? (Warning: clicking on that link may result in temporary elation followed swiftly by lasting emotional damage)
04. For a chance to hang out with all of my favorite characters - Because, how fun would that be?
05. For a chance to cuddle my book boyfriends -Don't judge me. I just want a chance is all! Besides, I'm not forcing them to date me or anything (especially not the ones who are part of an OTP)... some of them could just really benefit from some cuddles.
06. For the ability to turn anything I read into a feature length film/ tv show - These masterworks would perfectly reflect the source material, leave out nothing of substance, be perfectly cast, and totally blow my mind.
07. For the ability to speed up books release dates - Coming in 2017? Oh, heck no.
08. For the ability to prevent my favorite characters from being idiots -Sometimes good characters do stupid things. Stupid things that can have terrible consequences...
09. For the ability to resurrect any character who dies far to soon -WTF authors? Why do you always kill those dearest to my heart? Well, no more! Now, I can bring back all of my darlings and protect them from you: their abusers.
10. For the ability to travel temporarily into any book - A visit to Wonderland? Steampunk Victorian England? Hogwarts? (I don't even mind if I had to be a muggle instead of a Hufflepuff!) Count me in.
Anyone interested in joining me?
What is your Top Ten this week?