Top Ten Tuesday: Genie in a Bottle

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Paper Bindings | Top Ten Tuesday: Genie in a Bottle
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten: Wishes I'd ask the Book Genie to grant me!

01. Now, genies traditionally only allow for three wishes, so I'll start by wishing for 7 extra wishes! This of course, totally breaks all of the established rules on genie etiquette, but for the purposes of this list (and perhaps because book genies can only effect the realm of books and therefore are more lenient on the whole 3 WISHES ONLY rule) the genie totally allows it!

02. For all my OTP's to get together in their books - Let's be real, this is the first thing that popped into your mind too, isn't it? I have an iffy track record in choosing the same dream pairing as the author, so this wish would do me a lot of favors.

03. For a magic switch to shut off all the Feels - I once read an amazing Hunger Games fanfiction that had me randomly bursting into tears for weeks, so imagine what havoc actual full-length published works can wreak on my fragile psyche? (Warning: clicking on that link may result in temporary elation followed swiftly by lasting emotional damage)

04. For a chance to hang out with all of my favorite characters - Because, how fun would that be?

05. For a chance to cuddle my book boyfriends -Don't judge me. I just want a chance is all! Besides, I'm not forcing them to date me or anything (especially not the ones who are part of an OTP)... some of them could just really benefit from some cuddles.

06. For the ability to turn anything I read into a feature length film/ tv show - These masterworks would perfectly reflect the source material, leave out nothing of substance, be perfectly cast, and totally blow my mind.

07. For the ability to speed up books release dates - Coming in 2017? Oh, heck no.

08. For the ability to prevent my favorite characters from being idiots -Sometimes good characters do stupid things. Stupid things that can have terrible consequences...

09. For the ability to resurrect any character who dies far to soon -WTF authors? Why do you always kill those dearest to my heart? Well, no more! Now, I can bring back all of my darlings and protect them from you: their abusers.

10. For the ability to travel temporarily into any book   - A visit to Wonderland? Steampunk Victorian England? Hogwarts? (I don't even mind if I had to be a muggle instead of a Hufflepuff!) Count me in.

Anyone interested in joining me?




What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Stephanie

Stephanie is a tutor who loves helping people improve and excel. She loves a good story, so is obsessed with books, films, TV, and comics. A regular geek with a heart of gold ;)

24 comments:

  1. Oooooh! Numbers 5, 6, and 7 are especially amazing!! I love your wishes!!

    Here are my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, lol, those were some of my favorites too :)

      Thanks for reading and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  2. #5? Yes please! (Just uh... don't tell my husband lol) My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your secret is safe with me ;)

      Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. #7 is a real struggle even with getting some 2016 ARCs. I`m live please I pre-ordered you last month can`t you just be here already. Like I want real life speed for everything else but book wise time speed up please.

    Nice gifs as well.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is nothing like the feeling of finishing the first three books of a series and going to look for the fourth and realizing that it doesn't come out for three years. That the author hasn't started to write it yet. *cue internal screaming*

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  4. I would love to travel into a book at will. What fun that would be! And to hang out with our favorite characters? Even better. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that those two would be so much fun. And maybe I could stretch it and take Cather to Hogwarts or something? Totally unrealistic and crazy, but also totally dream-worthy.

      Thanks for stopping by and taking a moment to comment!

      Delete
  5. I completely agree on number 8! Oh the times that would have come in handy...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know: sometimes you just have to put down the book and glare judgmentally at the cover. You know better, character. You know better. lol

      Thanks for stopping by! And commenting!

      Delete
  6. Number 9 would be an amazing power to have! Thinking of all of the books I could actually read if I had that power is an amazing thing :p

    http://justusbookblog.blogspot.com/2015/10/top-ten-tuesday-genie-wishes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sometimes pause in the middle of a series because I get spoiled about a character death and can't bear to read it...

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. #2 - Good one! How awesome would that be?! :)
    #3 - I should have thought of that. Much needed at times.
    And #8 - LOL A million times YES.
    Great list! :)

    Tanya @ Girl Plus Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. # 3 would save me (and my friends/family) from some serious mood swings, lol

      Thanks for taking the time to read and comment! :)

      Delete
  8. Ha ha ha -- I love your wishes! Number 10 is especially great. How cool would that be? You could pop in during the peaceful, fun times and pop out when things started to get scary. Perfect.

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT. Have a fabulous rest-of-your-week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Safety is important, lol. I saw one blogger who included fictional immunity to physical damage as one of her wishes. Smart. I'd probably go to Wonderland and end up with my head chopped off, lol. I'll have to stick to peaceful, fun times like you suggest :D

      Thanks for coming to read my post!

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I mean, who WOULDN'T want to be transported into a book? :) Great list! Also, major kudos for using Aladdin gifs. I approve! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't resist the Aladdin gifs, lol. It's one of my favorite Disney movies! Plus: RIP Robin Williams. He'll always be my Genie :D

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  11. Totally agree with hanging out with favorite characters. And traveling into a book- yes! Middle earth, some of the steampunk places, that would be awesome. Especially if it was like, safe. LOL

    And keeping characters from doing dumb things- definitely. How many times does a character do something and you're like noooo? Stop... but they don't. Like keeping secrets beyond all reasonableness ha ha. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Middle Earth would be awesome! As long as I wasn't eaten by an Orc. lol

      Yeah, normally smart characters sometimes do the stupidest things for plot convenience and I just want to smack them... I actually made a TTT to that effect once, listing ones who deserve to be slapped :)

      Thanks for visiting the blog and taking the time to comment!

      Delete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have great list, Genie will has lots of work to do :)
    Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to keep my underlings busy, lol. Seriously though, he's a Genie, this will be a piece of cake for him! Now if I could just find that lamp...

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...