It's My Blogoversary And I'll Cry If I Want To

Friday, October 23, 2015

Paper Bindings - 3 Year Blogoversary - It's My Blogoversary And I'll Cry If I Want To
It's my party and I'll cry if I want to, cry if I want to....you would cry tears of joy too if you made it three years in the blogging  world.

This Past Year Was A Rush

This past year was a hard one in some regards.

I'd fallen into a rut blogging wise and spent a long time struggling how to get out of it. It wasn't so much that I disliked blogging, but rather thinking of my up coming blogoversary depressed me.


Once Upon A Dream Books (as of May 2016, now called Paper Bindings) wasn't where I imagined I'd be at this stage in my blogging life, so it forced me to reevaluate every aspect of being a blogger. I've finally gotten together a plan to improve the blog, and most of it centers around pleasing myself and to stop thinking about what everyone else might want to see. So look for some changes in the future.

But I made a lot of blogger friends this year. Really having a lot of social interaction on twitter made me feel less like I was a struggling blogger and more like I was apart of this great community.


I did some bookish things

Paper Bindings
My first author signing.

I attended my very first bookish event way back in March! I was very lucky to be able to attend The Orphan Queen launch party at Books of Wonder in NYC. It was a lot of fun, and finally attending something bookish made me feel like a real blogger because I was getting to immerse myself in the blogger community. I also met some wonderful authors, so that was a plus.

Paper Bindings
Highlight of my BEA experience.


The only thing that would have made my trip to BEA/Bookcon 2015 better would have been actually meeting more of the bloggers friends I've made this year. Some did not attend, and I kept missing others. Well, it would have been nice not to run from BookCon because the migraine from Mordor was on my heels. (Which I 100% believe was the cost of getting to meet Susan Dennard and snagging Truthwitch. I did ask the book gods to please let me accomplish one one bookish goal for BEA. Next year, I'm bringing Oreos to sacrifice.)


Three Years Old Already

All I can say is "where did the time go?" Because it's hard for me to believe that Once Upon A Dream Books (as of May 2016, now called Paper Bindings) is turning 3 years old.

Thank you everyone for sticking with us these past years, and here's to many more years in our blogging future.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 3 years of blogging! I went to my 1st author signing this year, as well. It was for Leigh Bardugo & so much fun! May you have continued Blogging adventures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's great that you got to go to signing and I hear that Leigh has some really fun ones.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on your blogiversary! What a wonderful time to be a blogger too. Maybe I'll run into you at BEA next year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The blogging community is definitely the greatest, I'm glad to be a part of it. Hope to see you at BEA!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you invited me to be part of this blog, and I'm really excited about some of the changes you have planned! I can't get spoiler-y in the comments though, so it will have to wait till our next chat! ;)

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm glad you guys decided to join me on my blogging adventure.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...