Sometimes A Book Just Doesn't Capture Your Heart (The 'Eh' Files)

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Paper Bindings | The Eh Files

For all those books rated from DNF to, but not including, three stars, I present to you The 'Eh' Files. At the end of each month I'll be listing all those books that make this category. Since I am aware that some books that are not my cup of tea, but may be something other readers enjoy, I'll include a couple of sentences explaining my rating choice.


So here is the latest batch:

  • White Lion's Lady by Lara Adrian - 2/5 stars
  • Tiger's Promise (Tiger Saga #0.5) by Colleen Houck - 1/5 stars
  • No Place Like Home (Dorothy Must Die #0.1) by Danielle Paige - 2/5 stars
  • Death and The Girl He Loves (#3) by Darynda Jones - 2/5 stars



White Lion's Lady by Lara Adrian

White Lion's Lady started out so promising. We had a dashing hero rescue a young maiden and there it was love a first sight for her.

Fast forward in time and that's where the book lost me. I didn't understand the romance. He kidnaps her on the villain's orders then gets screwed over by the villain and kidnaps her again because one way or another he's getting his reward.

And in like a day of this double kidnapping, she's basically forgiven him and was back in love with him. Neither one did anything to win the love of the other in my mind which really hurt this book in my opinion because it was a romance and them falling in love was crucial to the story.

The rest of the plot was fairly predictable and rather dull considering I wasn't falling for these two falling for each other. Yet it was interesting enough to keep me from just setting the book down.

RELATED: Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed #6) / Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed #7) / Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed #8) //  Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed #9) / A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed #9.5) / Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed #10) / Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed #11) / Crave the Night (Midnight Breed #12) 




tiger's promise by colleen houck

Honestly if I read this before reading the series, I never would have read the series. (And I rather enjoyed the tiger saga series.)

But this story was extremely boring, full of telling, and I almost DNF during that prologue thing at the beginning. 

If you've already read the series this novella really doesn't add anything new.






RELATED: Tiger Destiny (Tiger Saga #4) | Reawakened (Reawakened #1) | Recreated (Reawakened #2)




No place like oz by danielle paige

No Place Like Oz was a prequel novella to the Dorothy Must Die series. Now I rather enjoyed books one and two, but this novella?

Was boring.

Very boring.

I thought it might be cool to see from Dorothy's point of view before she became the big baddie and all. But while I did emphasized with her a bit more (because can you really go back to what you were once you've changed down to your core?) I found I just didn't care for the storyline at all.

If I picked up this novella before picking up book one, I wouldn't have read this series at all. Which is a shame because I enjoyed it so far.

RELATED: The Wicked Will Rise (Dorothy Must Die #2) | Stealing Snow (Snow #1)



Death and the Girl He Loves by Darynda Jones

Don't read this book unless you want to read a book that basically wipes away any reasons you had to read the series.

Seriously. 

The ending does just that. It makes you question why you picked up book one. 

What a cheap ass, and completely unsatisfying way to end a series. Waste of my time.

The book starts out forcing me to meet new people AND CARE about said new people. All I wanted was the old people I knew and loved from the two previous books. By the time they came around again, I'd forgotten who the hell they were anymore.

Then a whole bunch of nothing (oh my god the constant talking about the same things over and over and over and over and over and over and....okay I'll stop now) happened and I question whether or not there was going to be a climax of the story. It was so bad, I skimmed a bit.

Then the shit got real and interesting. The author made some choices that I hated (because OMG MY FEELS) but loved (because they were real results of war) and then that ending showed up where everything was sugar coated in rainbows and unicorns candy coated farts. 

I was so angry.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...