Goodbye Summer Hello Fall - Another Month Come And Gone - September Recap

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Paper Bindings - All Things Life, Books, and Blog Monthly Recap -
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

September was a mess.

Why?

Because some very stressful things occurred during this month that I'd wish never happened. My hip has been bothering me, making it highly difficult to stand for 18 hours a day for my two jobs. I had a family scare that I don't wish to speak of. 

Overall, this month has kind of sucked.

But on a more fun note, I started watching Once Upon A Time
I'm only in the first season still, but I'm really loving this show. I always knew I would, it was just a matter of finding time to sit down and start watching it. My sister and I have been debating who was hotter, Hook or Prince Phillip. (If only I could watch this series faster. HOOK, I AM COMING FOR YOU!)

Of course now I'm in the mood to read some fairy tale retellings. Any recommendations for me?




Read

I read 19 books this month.

the warlord's secret by lizzy fordthe court of fives by kate elliottenders by lissa pricedaylighters by rachel cainethe too clever fox by leigh bardugothe witch of duva by leigh bardugotiger's promise by colleen houckqueen of shadows by sarah j maasdeath and the girl he loves by darynda jonesno place like home by danielle paigedark triumph by robin lafeversfree souls by susan kaye quinnthe curious case by gail carrigermortal heart by robin lafeversthe sweet surrender of janet buchanan by paula quinnThese Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnellyvoice of the gods by eleanor hermanthe archived by victoria schwabvicious by v.e. schwab



 Reviewed


The Warlord's Secret by Lizzy Ford - 2/5
Court of Fives by Kate Elliott - 4/5
Enders (Starters #2) by Lissa Price - 45
The Too Clever Fox by Leigh Bardugo - 4/5
The Witch of Duva by Leigh Bardugo - 3/5
Tiger's Promise (Tiger Sage #0.5) by Collen Houck - 1/5
Death and the Girl He Loves (#3) by Darynda Jones - 2/5
No Place Like Home (#0.5) by Danielle Paige - 2/5
Dark Triumph (His Fair Assassin #2) by Robin LaFevers - 4/5
Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy #3) by Susan Kaye Quinn - 3/5
Mortal Heart (His Fair Assassin #3) by Robin LaFevers - 4/5
These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly - 3/5
Voice of The Gods (Legacy of Kings #0.5) by Eleanor Herman - 2.5/5
The Archived (The Archived #1) by Victoria Schwab - 4/5
Vicious by V.E. Schwab - 3/5

Overall rating of books this month: 3.2/5



Read Previously But Review Posted This Month:
Pip Bartlett's Guide To Magical Creatures by Maggie Stiefvater and Jackson Pearce - 4/5
The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - various ratings as book club book.
Reawakened by Collen Houck - 4/5
Dragon Fall (Black Dragons #1) by Katie MacAlister - 5/5
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers - 4/5



Co-Blogger Reviews:
Tisha:
The Heartbreakers by Ali Novak - 5/5
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - 3.5/5



Break It Down


Paper Bindings - September 2015 recap

This ratio is not unexpected.



Paper Bindings -  September 2015 recap


Quite a wide range of genres this past month. Surprisingly, paranormal only has a slight lead over the others. 



Paper Bindings - September 2015 recap

What an average month. Maybe it was my mood affecting my reading or it was the books, but I wasn't greatly impressed with that many books it seems. 



Up On The Blog




Upcoming


I'm going to continue my goal of getting caught up on all my current series and shrinking down my owned book pile in October.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you set this up! This is such a neat idea, to keep a monthly catalog of everything you read :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Some people think recap posts are a waste, but I love them. It helps keep me accountable for my reading habits. Plus it's always nice to actually see how much I've read. Sometimes it feels like I've read nothing and then I look at this and am pleasantly surprised.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...