Take A Moment To Smell The Changes In The Air - October 12th through October 25th, 2015 Recap

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

If you look around, you might have noticed things look a bit differently. 

I'll be frank here, October is a bittersweet month for me. On one hand it is home to my favorite holiday and favorite season. On the other, there are a few days this month that bring to the forefront of my mind some rather depressing and emotional losses of my life. 

Therefore, I may be easily stressed and prone to bouts of crying. Especially around the anniversaries of my loved ones deaths.

There is little doubt in my mind, that this emotional flux is what set off the state of mind I will forever call my Blogger Midlife Crisis. 

Regardless of the cause I am going to work to change my blog for the better. I'm adding things, and axing others. I'm going to redo my review system to find one that better works for me, and I am even planning on changing what type of books I feature reviews on.

Basically, I am going to stop telling myself I cannot do something AND I'm going to start doing things.

I know there is little to no point in comparing myself to more popular blogs. But if there is one thing I can take from looking at them, it's their sense of pride. 

Sure, I'd love to have massive number of followers of the blog and social media, and tons of comments make me feel giddy. But at the end of the day, I need to be proud of my accomplishments, such as they are.

So, with all that in mind, if you have a moment to spare, would you fill out my survey below. 

(Link here for those who don't want to scroll all the way to the bottom.)

You don't have to tell me who you are, though you can if you wish. But please be honest with me. I need advice and constructive criticism, not praise only surface deep. 

What You've Missed


Monday, October 19th, 2015 - Book Club Recommends: Books About The Great War (WW1)
Wednesday, October 21st, 2015 - I'm All In This Week (Waiting On Wednesday)

Did You Hear?


* The Shannara Chronicles had it's first full length trailer debut at NYCC. I may not have read the first book yet, but I picked it up and will have to finished way before the premier in January 2016.

* Sarah over at The YA Book Traveler posted a great post all about Hyped Books and I think it is worth checking out.

* Victoria Scwab tweeted about AGOS preorder swag and posted on her site and they were gone in two days. Apparently fans flocked for the goodies. She also tweeted and posted about some Vicious trading cards.

* Tor shared the cover art for the UK Version of Truthwitch. Look at that gold! It just screams you need to buy me.

Side note, Truthwitch is my favorite book I've read this year to date.

* A Court of Thrones and Roses book two by Sarah J. Maas has a title: A Court of Mist and Fury. I am in love with it.  

* My Lady Jane by Jodi Meadows, Brodi Ashton, and Cynthia Hand had a glorious cover and prologue reveal over at the Epic Reads site. I have been after this book since I first heard about it back in March at The Orphan Queen's launch party.

She just looks like she's going to cause some trouble.


Read

An Apprentice To Elves by Sarah Monette and Elizabeth Bearchosen by jolea m harrisoncoexist by julia cranereveal by brina courtneyink and bone by rachel caine


I read this anthology:

From Gods To Monsters anthology


Which consisted of these books:

Chosen by Denise Grover SwankSampson's Lovely Mortal by Tin FolsomSower of Dreams by Debra HollandThe Source of Magic by Cate Rowan



How was your week?





8 comments:

  1. Happy blogoversary! Personally I think the blog looks nice, but I'l take the survey. :)

    I did see the Shannara trailer and it looks good- the first teasers I saw I was skeptical, but the full trailer looks better I think. I haven't red those books in ages though. And the Brit cover of Truthwitch is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for your input. :)

      I haven't had a chance to read the books yet, but I did get a copy of the first book. My goal is to read it before the show. Did you enjoy the books?

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Happy Blogoversary. April is a hard and joyful month for me, so I feel you. I think blogging success is measured by what you get from it. Your haul is full of bookish goodness..enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you.

      I love that motto, because it is absolutely true.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I'll certainly fill out your survey.

    Happy Blogoversary and sorry October is a difficult month for you. It's a bit the same for me. It's the month I made my seachange and left the city for a more balanced life, but it's also the month my father passed away and we spent the preceding 6wks at hospital as he went in and then was moved into palliative care 2wks before he passed away. It's been four years now and though I miss him every day, it doesn't hurt quite as much. Bittersweet memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'd say I'm sorry for your loss, but I know that phrase never helps you feel better. *hugs* It's amazing and sad how the memories that shape us never quite leave us.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Happy blogoversary! October is a funny month for me, it has highs and lows but I am sending hugs to you and I shall go and fill in your survey just now!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope October ends on a high note for you.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...