The Time I Fell Into A Paranormal Romance Trap - A Few Midnight Breed Books (Mini Reviews)

Friday, October 9, 2015

Paper bindings - Mini Reviews


There have been quite a few books that I've liked, or disliked, lately that haven't inspired me to write a lengthy review. But I wanted to say something about the books.

So here is the latest batch of mini reviews:

Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed #6) by Lara Adrian - 3/5
* Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed #7) by Lara Adrian - 4/5
* Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed #8) by Lara Adrian - 4/5





★★★
Title: Ashes of Midnight (Midnight Breed #6)
Author: Lara Adrian
Release Date: May 26th 2009
Publisher: Dell - Randomhouse

add to goodreads


I liked Andreas well enough with his role in the series so far, and with what happened to him in the last book, I can understand his being the next book in the series. But he will never be my favorite. Ashes of Midnight had an entertaining enough story line, though, there were a few things that bugged me about it. Claire made some choices that just didn't make sense to me. Like not telling Andreas stuff....stuff that he and his allies needed to know. I understand her reasoning for holding off telling him a few things towards the end. But it really annoyed me that she didn't tell him a few crucial pieces of information when she uncovered it. Because at that point, she supposedly trusted him and was on his side. So the withholding of facts felt more like a way to stretch the plot out a bit longer.



"“If you were mine,” he murmured low under his breath, “I would walk through the fires of hell itself to keep you away from a man like me.”"






★★★★

Title: Shades of Midnight (Midnight Breed #7)
Author: Lara Adrian
Release Date: December 29th 2009
Publisher: Dell - Randomhouse
add to goodreads


Shades of Midnight was a lot better than it's predecessor. I really loved being tossed into an unfamiliar environment where the stakes were pretty high already without the addition of one particular hungry and pissed off entity. I loved Kade and Alex. The two had great chemistry so watching them fall in love made the book a cute love story. At the same time the book had danger and action as we uncovered Kade and Alex's buried pasts and searched for the individual responsible for the mass killings in the Alaskan wilderness.


"The truth gets uglier the longer you try to hold it down."






★★★★

Title: Taken by Midnight (Midnight Breed #8)
Author: Lara Adrian
Release Date: September 28th 2010
Publisher: Dell - Randomhouse

add to goodreads


The best thing about Taken by Midnight was that I had no idea for sure where the author intended to take the story with the addition of what I am going to call "the change" to keep from coming out and saying something spoilerish. Oh, I had theories, but I knew nothing for sure. Romance wise, I could see why the duo were meant to be together, but I wished there was a bit more chemistry involved. A lot of their interactions felt a bit desperate, like they were drowning in sorrow and each other was the one bit of normal they could cling to. Which would be okay, except I'm not 100% sure what else drew them together at times.


"So much for keeping things business when it came to Jenna Darrow. If this had been a test, he figured he’d just failed it with flying colors."



RELATED: Deeper Than Midnight (Midnight Breed #9) / A Taste of Midnight (Midnight Breed #9.5) / Darker After Midnight (Midnight Breed #10) / Edge of Dawn (Midnight Breed #11) / Crave the Night (Midnight Breed #12) // White Lions Lady

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...