Everybody Wants to be a Queen: A One True Pairing

Thursday, October 15, 2015

once upon a dream books - OTP - Your One True Pairing
Weekly book Meme hosted by Wonder Struck


Title: The Other Queen
Author: Philippa Gregory
OTP: King Francis II of France and Mary, Queen of Scots


Okay, so technically Gregory's book is about after Mary leaves French court and really I just wanted an excuse to feature my favorite couple. But, there are tons of books on Mary, Queen of Scots from non-fiction's Mary, Queen of Scouts and the Murder of Lord Darnley by Alison Weir to a Royal Diaries Mary, Queen of Scots: Queen Without a Country, France 1553, so I am sure one book out there talks about Mary's marriage to Francis, which was rumored in real life to be a happy one, albeit short. In any case, I love Adelaide Kane and Toby Regbo (young Dumbledore in Harry Potter) 's portrayal of Mary and Francis on CW's Reign (Fridays at 8pm starting October 9th). It's an average love story with the complicated elements of trying to rule a country and sometimes putting your duty to your country before yourself and your spouse. Watch the last five minutes of Season Two - How can you not love Toby Regbo?

So who's your OTP for this week
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

8 comments:

  1. Whaoo this gif is making me need a fan. ;) I watched a few seasons of Reign but it got a little too crazy for me. I'll have to check out this book though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah some of the supernatural stuff in season two was a bit random (Bash is pretty much on his own show sometimes with that stuff) - but give it another chance - it's so worth it! I hope you enjoy the book, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Did you cut out during the Conde nonsense? Lol that is a pretty intense gif ;) aww give Reign a second shot. Thanks for coming by :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for taking part in the meme! Great choice I love Reign and will have to look into The Other Queen and more books with Mary, Queen of Scots in them! I love the gif, they are perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. No problem - it is a lot of fun! I'm glad you love Reign as much as I do !! :) I hope you enjoy the books :D Yes - Long Live the King & Queen!

      Delete
  4. OMG I LOVE Reign! I'm absolutely dying while I wait for tonight's episode! I have to admit, Narcisse is my favorite ;)

    Tracy @ Cornerfolds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, I am so glad there are more Reign fans out there! It's currently one of my favorite show on right now. Narcisse is pretty awesome, I have to admit, especially when he's with Lola. :) I can't wait for tonight's episode either. Lily Sparks, who use to review on TV.com has some hilarious and awesome recaps at thelilysparks.tumblr.com.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...