The Parting of Words - DNF part 3 (The Eh Files)

Friday, October 30, 2015

The Eh Files - Did Not Finish (DNF) Edition - Paper Bindings

For all those books rated from DNF to, but not including, three stars, I present to you The 'Eh' Files. At the end of each month I'll be listing all those books that make this category. Since I am aware that some books that are not my cup of tea, but may be something other readers enjoy, I'll include a couple of sentences explaining my rating choice.

The DNF Edition

I have decided this past year that I have way to many books I want to read to force myself to finish books I am not into. It has been a year of cleaning out my ereaders and taking an ax to my TBR. (Check out Part One and Part Two.)


These books, did not make the cut.

The Black Tattoo by Sam Esthovendead radiance by tg ayerstar kissed by lizzy ford

* The Black Tattoo sounded promising but I just couldn't get into the story. I didn't connect to the book and I felt old reading it. This book was just not for me. 

* There was way too much telling at the start of Dead Radiance that I could not get into it. 

* And I was so lost with Star Kissed that I didn't want to keep reading.

Chosen by Denise Grover SwankSampson's Lovely Mortal by Tin FolsomSower of Dreams by Debra HollandThe Source of Magic by Cate Rowan

* I wanted to love Chosen, I was prepared to since I like the author's other works. However, the guy was complete scum and I didn't like the undertone of a possible romance between them.

* In Samson's Lovely Mortal there was a moment where NO should have mean NO but was ignored because he thought she was a paid, acting stripper. NO still freaking means NO.

* Sower of Dreams and The Source of Magic just didn't capture my attention at all

chosen by jolea m harrisoncoexist by julia cranereveal by brina courtneyink and bone by rachel caine


* The intro bits to Chosen was a bit confusing for me.

* Nothing really happens in Coexist except make me not ship the romance which is the sole plot of the book according to what I read. Because the "prophecy" never came into play. It was just her with friends and dating which the guy stalked from the shadows.

* Reveal just could not capture my attention.

* Ink and Bone was just not for me. I found it slow.

hopeless by collen hooverwild born by brandon mullSplit Second by Kasie West

* I didn't ship the romance in Hopeless and that's all the book was.

* Wild Born was interesting, but it just couldn't capture my attention. 

* I was torn on reading Split Second in the first place so I'm not surprised that I couldn't get into it.


What about you guys? Are there any books you had to put down recently?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...