For all those books rated from DNF to, but not including, three stars, I present to you The 'Eh' Files. At the end of each month I'll be listing all those books that make this category. Since I am aware that some books that are not my cup of tea, but may be something other readers enjoy, I'll include a couple of sentences explaining my rating choice.
The DNF Edition
These books, did not make the cut.
* The Black Tattoo sounded promising but I just couldn't get into the story. I didn't connect to the book and I felt old reading it. This book was just not for me.
* There was way too much telling at the start of Dead Radiance that I could not get into it.
* And I was so lost with Star Kissed that I didn't want to keep reading.
* I wanted to love Chosen, I was prepared to since I like the author's other works. However, the guy was complete scum and I didn't like the undertone of a possible romance between them.
* In Samson's Lovely Mortal there was a moment where NO should have mean NO but was ignored because he thought she was a paid, acting stripper. NO still freaking means NO.
* Sower of Dreams and The Source of Magic just didn't capture my attention at all
* The intro bits to Chosen was a bit confusing for me.
* Nothing really happens in Coexist except make me not ship the romance which is the sole plot of the book according to what I read. Because the "prophecy" never came into play. It was just her with friends and dating which the guy stalked from the shadows.
* Reveal just could not capture my attention.
* Ink and Bone was just not for me. I found it slow.
* I didn't ship the romance in Hopeless and that's all the book was.
* Wild Born was interesting, but it just couldn't capture my attention.
* I was torn on reading Split Second in the first place so I'm not surprised that I couldn't get into it.
What about you guys? Are there any books you had to put down recently?