Confession Time! I Need To Quit These Bookish Things - Top Ten Tuesday

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Paper Bindings - Confession Time! I Need To Quit These Bookish Things - Top Ten Tuesday
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is the Top Ten Bookish Things I Have To Quit Or Want To Quit:

01. Buying Books  - I have purchased or been given *mumbles a big number* of books since I've moved. In. Six. Months. And I've only read like 5 of them. And I haven't even counted the books I've purchased over the years and haven't touched since then.

Hi, my name is Carrie and I have an addiction to buying books.

02. Putting Off Reading Books I Own Over Borrowing Or Buying New Ones - I'm a book hoarder it seems.

03. Not Finishing Series - I've been working on this one. It's a slow road since I'm in the middle of like every series ever written, but I'm getting there.

04. Saying Yes To Everything - Just because I might remotely be interested in something years down the line doesn't mean I need to overwhelm myself right now. I have a big problem with this in my life and it's not just bookish related things I overload my plate with.

05. Forcing Myself To Finish A Book - I'm getting better at putting books down when I am not satisfied with a book. But I still find myself skimming unhappily through



What is your Top Ten this week?

8 comments:

  1. I agree. I have exact same issues. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? There aren't many bookish habits I have to quit, but the ones I do are pretty big.

      Delete
  2. I have the opposite problem than #3. I don't have a problem DNFing a book Im not enjoying, but it's the books I am unsure about that I can't put down. If I am curious enough about what might happen in a book or a series I will finish it just to see what the fuss was about. The only series I can think of that I just gave up on because after 3 books nothing happened or was explained was the Fallen series by Lauren Kate.

    My TTT: Marie @ Pages to Explore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate books that you aren't enjoying but still have managed to get that one hook in you and you just have to know things. You end up finishing it but you don't have any fun along the way. Sometimes I wish we had a sparknotes for books other than school books.

      I read the Fallen series but I can't really remember it. I vaguely remember one book being very similar to a previous one. But that's about it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. A lot of us have a problem with number one. :) I probably have at least ten books that I've bought that I haven't read yet. Maybe someday I'll get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the exact reason I don't feel so bad. At least books are educational. It could be worse, I could collect something extremely pointless. :)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I totally relate to most of these!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/10/06/top-ten-tuesday-25/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least we are all in good company here. It's nice to find others who get our issues.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...