I May Or May Not Have Ran Around BookCon To Get My Themed Swag For This Book - The Sword of Summer (Waiting on Wednesday #117)

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1) by rick riodan
Title: The Sword of Summer (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #1)
Author: Rick Riordan
Release Date: October 6th 2015
Genre: Fantasy - Mythology
Publisher: Disney - Hyperion
add to goodreads

“Magnus Chase has always been a troubled kid. Since his mother’s mysterious death, he’s lived alone on the streets of Boston, surviving by his wits, keeping one step ahead of the police and the truant officers.

One day, he’s tracked down by a man he’s never met—a man his mother claimed was dangerous. The man tells him an impossible secret: Magnus is the son of a Norse god.

The Viking myths are true. The gods of Asgard are preparing for war. Trolls, giants and worse monsters are stirring for doomsday. To prevent Ragnarok, Magnus must search the Nine Worlds for a weapon that has been lost for thousands of years.

When an attack by fire giants forces him to choose between his own safety and the lives of hundreds of innocents, Magnus makes a fatal decision.

Sometimes, the only way to start a new life is to die . . .”

Why?:


*points at title* I admit nothing.
*looks at twitter picture with said shield* Oh....

I love Norse Mythology so I am highly looking forward to starting this series.

Plus I love the name "Magnus." If you put a Magnus in it, I will read it. (Same with dragons, so not saying much. Double points if there is a dragon named Magnus.) I am easy to appease. 

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

6 comments:

  1. I still haven't started his previous series but am curious about this one. Plus I just love the covers of all his books. Awesome pick :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    Shane @ItchingforBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't finished his previous series. Only because I am unsure where the book are. I know my family has some, if not all, of them. I just haven't gotten around to searching for them. I might end up binge reading them from the library.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. So so so excited for this! I would read literally anything that Rick Riordan writes, but it helps that this does look exceptional. I really hope it lives up to the expectations!
    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it lives up to expectations too. So far I've heard good things.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...