The Girl on Fire and the Boy with the Bread... A "One True Pairing?"

Tuesday, September 15, 2015


Paper Bindings - OTP - Your One True Pairing
Weekly book Meme hosted by Wonder Struck



Title: The Hunger Games
Author: Suzanne Collins
OTP: Katniss & Peeta

I figured I'd start with Katniss & Peeta for the first OTP section on the blog. I love these two because they're both awesome on their own and aren't just contained to their love story. I also love that it takes awhile for Katniss to realize her feelings for Peeta. When you read the books, especially if you're re-reading them, it's easy to see what everyone else around her sees- she loved Peeta long before his name was taken from the reaping bowl. I like that Peeta's his own character without Katniss - he's the Boy with the Bread and has his own interesting story to tell. I also like that Peeta's sort of the "damsel in distress" character -something that's usually regulated to females in books. Lastly, I love that Katniss is ultimately there for Peeta in the end. "Real or not Real."

So who's your OTP for this week?
author image

Tracy

Tracy is a history/film fan who loves to read YA, historical and contemporary fiction. She’s also a sucker for a sad tale. Harry Potter (“Harry Potter”), Peeta Mellark (“Hunger Games”), Nathaniel Blake (“Little Men”) and Daniel Landon (“Catcher, Caught”) are her literary boyfriends. She’s also the resident Ravenclaw and librarian.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for joining in the fun! Katniss & Peeta is a great choice they to are my favorite my favorite of the Hunger Games! I did too like the fact that it took a while for Katniss feeling for him to grow! Great post, can't wait to see who your next OTP is! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem!! Thanks for stopping by :) Looking forward to yours as well.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...