If At First You Don't Succeed, Try Try Again (TBR Goals)

Thursday, September 3, 2015

Paper Bindings - If At First You Don't Succeed, Try Try Again (TBR Goals)

Each month the girls here at Paper Bindings have decided to start a TBR pile goal. We will pick a few books we are hoping to get through each new month and recap how we did last month.

After our failure in July, we aimed low in August.



Carrie


Update on my August TBR Pile: Somehow, despite not sticking to any sort of schedule -not even my ARCAugust goals- I managed to read two books off my August TBR plan. *waves flag* Slowly moving in the right direction.


The Archieved by Victoria Schwab

I'm either setting myself up for success or massive failure here. My goal is to read The Archived which is our book club book for September.  Then maybe I'll tackle that other nameless pile. Or the massive one behind that. 



Tisha


Everything, Everything by nicola yoonThrone of Glass by Sarah J MaasRules of Seduction by Jenna MullinsThe Archieved by Victoria Schwab


Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon - I have heard nothing, but good things about this one.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas - Book club book that I am behind on. I am going to get this one on CD so I get caught up.

Rules of Seduction by Jenna Mullins - Reminded me of The Heartbreakers that I just read and loved. Looks like a light and fun story.

The Archived by Victoria Schwab - Book club book.


Update on my August TBR pile: I failed on reading the books I said I would, but I did read a bunch of other ones. I read: The Heartbreakers, Silent Alarm, The Last Leaves Falling, Deceptive Cadence, The Raven Boys, and What You Left Behind. Yay for being in an extensive reading mood!



Tracy


I fail at being a reader :( Didn’t complete anything except one not on my list, “Silent Alarm.” My TBR pile is the same as last month. I’ll finish, I swear!

Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adamsthe raven boys by maggie stiefvaterharry potter and the sorcerers stoneHarry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. RowlingThrone of Glass by Sarah J Maas

Turn Right at Machu Picchu by Mark Adams A friend gave this to me for Christmas for my trip to Peru earlier this month. It’s part history, part travel journal of Adams’s experience in Machu Picchu. I started in while in Peru and really liked it, he’s interesting and funny.

Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater. It’s the book club book for July and I’ve heard good things about it.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling. Stone is the book the blog gals and I are re-reading together. Like with everything lately, I’m hopeless behind. Prince I’m trying to re-read with Muggle Net’s Alohomora! but I’m also sadly behind. I think they’re almost to Hallows now :( Sigh.

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. Book club book. I will catch up. I will.

Stephanie


The Archieved by Victoria Schwabscarlet by a c gaughenJackaby by William Ritter


The Archived by Victoria Schwab- Book club book!

Scarlet by A.C. Gaughen- I love a good retelling, and while this has been on my TBR for a while I recently noticed that Dreams gave it a 5 star review. Now’s as good a time as any...

Jackaby by William Ritter - I will get to it this month!

Loki Agent of Asgard by Al Ewing- I’m a bit behind, so I want to catch up with the last few issues of this series.


Update on my August TBR pile: I was pretty good this month, but I didn’t manage to get to Jackaby.


What are you planning on reading this month?

5 comments:

  1. Holy Tardis of Gallifrey, I did it again! The book covers... all of the faces looking to the right... how... why...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Two months in a row! D:

      I would have sworn at least one of them wasn't a face! lol

      Delete
    2. When they all face forward, I'm out of here. *creepy*

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...