A Quick Round Up Of Some Scattered Thoughts (Mini Reviews)

Monday, September 28, 2015

Paper Bindings- Mini Reviews


There have been quite a few books that I've liked, or disliked, lately that haven't inspired me to write a lengthy review. But I wanted to say something about the books.

So here is the latest batch of mini reviews:
* Daylighters (The Morganville Vampires #15) by Rachel Caine - 4/5 stars
* Freesouls (Mindjack Trilogy #3) by Susan Kaye Quinn - 3/5 stars


★★★★
Title: Daylighters (The Morganville Vampires #15)
Author: Rachel Caine
Release Date: November 5th, 2013
Publisher: Allison & Busby
add to goodreads

RELATED: Bitter Blood (Morganville #13) | Ink and Bone (The Great Library #1)

I am not satisfied with this ending of a series, and yet, I'm not dissatisfied either.

I'm glad the series is over, any more books and I'd honestly say that it was too long. So the book wrapped up the threads in a nice satisfying way, yet still had that air of openness that promised out heroes would still have many more adventures yet to come.

There was a certain plot aspect that I was disappointed to see. (Shane's) Really? We had to go there? Bring that aspect of vampire mythology in to this story? (It's oh so common!) One of the things I liked best about this series was that even though we knew other things might exist, the world was focused on the vampires as if they were the only ones. (Or at least, only ones that mattered.) It just felt like a cop out to toss that aspect in.

The story was cute and yet full of danger and emotion. I'll miss the friends that I've made over the years while reading this series, but I'm glad the ending was true to them, true to the people they've become since book one. I really couldn't see it ending any other way.



Free Souls by Susan Kaye Quinn
★★★
Title: Free Souls (Mindjack Trilogy #3)
Author: Susan Kaye Quinn
Release Date: December 14th, 2012
Publisher: Indie
add to goodreads


After finishing book two, I wasn't sure if I was going to continue this series or not. The story wasn't bad, it just didn't captivate me anymore. But I'm glad I finished because Free Souls was the best book in the series. Things wrapped up nicely, and I loved the changes and growths the characters took. The plot itself was interesting. I'm not so sure I buy a certain thing in the epilogue but I'm willing to overlook it.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...