I'm Sensing a Theme Here... Top Ten Characters That You Just Didn't Click With

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Paper Bindings - I'm Sensing a Theme Here... Top Ten Characters That You Just Didn't Click With
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is the Top Ten Characters That You Just Didn't Click With:




Only have eight for you today, sorry!

1.& 2. :Elizabeth Gilbert and Christopher McCandles - I'm all for travel and being true to yourself but I found both these characters to be entitled, pretentious and self- indulgent.

3. & 4: Margo Roth Spiegelman and Alaska Young - Similar problem as with 1 &2 with these two characters from John Green's books. I hated how Margo acted like the only way to live was her way and that she looked down on those who thought differently than her. Alaska was a little bit better but very, very selfish.

5. Entire Cast of Characters: All the characters in "Bright Young Things" do very stupid things.

6. Tom Sawyer: This may change if I re-read it as an adult but back in high school I hated Tom Sawyer and thought that he ruined Huck (who's awesome) whenever they were together.

7. Odysseus: I got into a bit of an argument with my 9th grade English teacher on this one. I know he's suppose to be a hero but I never thought he was. For example he kills all his wife's suitors. They thought you were dead, dude. Plus, 10 years.

8. Stacey McGill: I'll admit that Stacey had all the best books -such as Stacey vs. the BSC- but I thought she was full of herself and not always a nice person.
What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tracy

Tracy is a history/film fan who loves to read YA, historical and contemporary fiction. She’s also a sucker for a sad tale. Harry Potter (“Harry Potter”), Peeta Mellark (“Hunger Games”), Nathaniel Blake (“Little Men”) and Daniel Landon (“Catcher, Caught”) are her literary boyfriends. She’s also the resident Ravenclaw and librarian.

8 comments:

  1. Ooh, good picks!

    I would worry if you clicked with the Bright Young Thing girls, lol. Also, I only remember reading Huck Finn (!?!), but Tom Sawyer was a total jerk and a terrible influence. And great point about Odysseus, there's jealous and then there's psycho...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! We read both in school I think. Tom Sawyer was 9th and Huck Finn was... either 10th or 11th. Yay validation! You could have helped me battle it out with Searle haha.

      Delete
  2. I 100% agree about Margo and Alaska. Alaska made my list. The entitlement was too much.

    My TTT! @ LazyBookLovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Entitlement, that's it! Couldn't stand it in Margo and Alaska. Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  3. I'm totally with you on Tom Sawyer and Odysseus. I mean - good grief! lol. My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems like you don't like character who are full of themselves and I have to agree in a small way, I don't like characters who are way to selfish.
    Here’s mine http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2015/09/characters-i-just-didnt-click-with.html
    Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...