Time To Kidnap A Dragon, I Mean... | Dragon Fall | Review

Thursday, September 17, 2015


Dragon Fall by Katie MacAlister

Title: Dragon Fall (Black Dragons #1)
Author: Katie MacAlistser
Release Date: July 28th, 2015
Publisher: Forever - Hachette

add to goodreads

“YOU FLIRT WITH FIRE...

For Aoife Dakar, seeing is believing—and she's seen some extraordinary things. It's too bad no one else believes that she witnessed a supernatural murder at an outdoor fair. Returning to the scene for proof, Aoife encounters a wise-cracking demon dog—and a gloriously naked man who can shift into a dragon and kiss like a god. Now thrust into a fantastical world that's both exhilarating and terrifying, Aoife is about to learn just how hot a dragon's fire burns.

WHEN YOU DATE A DRAGON

Kostya has no time for a human woman with endless questions, no matter how gorgeous or tempting she is. He must break the curse that has splintered the dragon clans before more of his kind die. But his powerful attraction to Aoife runs much deeper than the physical—and there may be more to her than even his sharp dragon eyes can see. To survive the coming battle for the fate of his race, he needs a mate of true heart and soul . . . ”



RELATED: A Tale of Two Vamps (Dark Ones #10) | Time Thief Book Trailer | The Art of Stealing Time (Time Thieves #2) | The Importance of Being Alice (Matchmaker in Wonderland #1) | A Midsummer Night's Romp (Matchmaker in Wonderland #2) | Daring in a Blue Dress (Matchmaker in Wonderland #3) | Ghost of a Chance


My Review

What I Liked:


I love Kostya. He's been my favorite for years, since the moment we first met. So I was worried about when he finally met his girl that I wouldn't like her. (I can't help it if I get jealous over my book boyfriends. They need to find their perfect someone for me to be happy over the relationships.)

But I did like Aoife. She had the same vein of spunk and snark that Katie MacAlister writes very well. (I love humor in my books.) Yet she was unique enough that I didn't feel like I was reading the same character over and over.

The duo really meshed well, I could actually see them making something out of nothing and falling for each other.

Plus we got to see Jim again. The demon dog may be my absolute favorite character in the series to date. (Again, it's that snark humor coming into play.)


What Was Eh:

I'm a little disappointed that these two only get one book and the rest of the series focuses on two other guys. (Though I would love to read their stories as well.) 

But I think we had to rush a bit to the falling for each other. (The last two dragon series had 4/3 books in them and the falling in love was spread over the whole series.) So I would have loved it if they had a bit more time. 

To Sum Up:

I rather love this world Katie MacAlister has created. Each time I return, I find old friends and make new ones. This book was no exception. 

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...