Your Auto-buy Authors (Top Ten Tuesday #96)

Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Paper Bindings - Your Auto-buy Authors (Top Ten Tuesday #96)

A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.

This week's theme is the Top Ten Of Your Auto-Buy Authors:

Geraldine Brooks 
I enjoyed Year of Wonders, a novel, about the Bubonic plague and loved, loved, loved March, a novel, about the mysterious Mr. March from Little Women. She tends to write about random awesome topics and I could always use a good historical fiction book.

Louisa May Alcott

Speaking of Little Women, as I have said, since seeing the 1994 version of Little Women (one of my all time favorite films), watching the 1999 television show Little Men, and going to Concord, Massachusetts, I finally read the novel and fell more in love with Alcott's characters.

John Green
The Fault in Our Stars is Green's masterpiece. I have enjoyed Looking for Alaska, parts of An Abundance of Katherines and Paper Towns. I don't know, I am always going to be looking for something as good as The Fault in Our Stars.

Lauren Oliver
I thought Before I Fall was beautifully written and I loved the beginning novel of the Delirium series. I have heard nothing, but good things about Vanishing Girls and Rooms looks like something I would enjoy. If she writes it, I will check it out eventually.

Gayle Forman
I could not begin to tell you how many people I have recommended Just One Day, Just One Year, and Just One Night to. If I Stay and Where She Went were also enjoyable. I am very excited to read I Was Here.

Libba Bray
One of my favorite books in Going Bovine and I think the Gemma Doyle books are amazing. While I have not been as excited about some of her newer books - I will read anything she writes.

Ann Rinaldi
I have read most of her books and I will keep reading them if she writes more. She helped develop my love of history as a young teenager.

Jennifer Donnelly
Another of my favorites is A Northern Light and the Tea Rose saga is well written. While, like Libba Bray's books, I have not been as pleased with Donnelly's newer stuff, I will pick up anything by her.

J.K. Rowling
It's J.K. freaking Rowling.

Suzanne Collins
It's Suzanne freaking Collins. Write something please!!


What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

11 comments:

  1. John Green is definitely THE auto-buy author for me, and I totally agree, even if his other novels are good (I particularly liked Paper Towns), TFIOS is in a category of its own. Have you read Libba Bray's The Diviners ? I loved it so much and her writing was so good, it got me so curious about her other stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have read The Diviners. I liked it, but thought it was a little slow moving. I have the second one and it's on my short list of books to read soon. Have you read it?

      Delete
    2. Agreed with Jo. Read Going Bovine. I think it's Bray's best work :) Now Beauty Queens... lol eh.

      Delete
  2. I love Libba Bray. I've only read the first two Gemma Doyle books and The Diviners, but I loved them all so much! I really need to get to her other stuff!

    My list: http://www.teaandtitles.com/?p=184

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Going Bovine is so good! I'm currently re-reading A Great and Terrible Beauty on autobook and I'm loving it all over again :)

      Delete
  3. Collins made my list this week too. I wish she would write something else soon! I am desperate for more. Great list :)

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-Iq

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :) Suzanne Collins stop your TV work and write another novel please :p

      Delete
    2. She's a unicorn. I'm not sure she really exists ;)

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...