A Book I've Heard Great Things About - Six of Crows (Waiting on Wednesday #111)

Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
Title: (Six of Crows #1)
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Release Date: September 29th, 2015
Genre: Young Adult - Fantasy
Publisher: MacMillan
add to goodreads

“Game of Thrones meets Ocean's Eleven in this brand-new book in the world of the Grisha by New York Times-bestselling author Leigh Bardugo.

Ketterdam: a bustling hub of international trade where anything can be had for the right price—and no one knows that better than criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker. Kaz is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams. But he can't pull it off alone...

A convict with a thirst for revenge.

A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.

A runaway with a privileged past.

A spy known as the Wraith.

A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.

A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.

Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist. Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction—if they don't kill each other first.”

Why?:

Because Leigh Bardugo created such a fun world in her Grisha so I am looking forward to stepping back into this familiar, yet also new, world.

Plus the description just sounds interesting.


What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

18 comments:

  1. Nice choice. This one has been on everybody's list. I hope that you love it.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall I'm hearing good things so I am hopeful.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Who's NOT waiting for this book? :D I loved Leigh Bardugo's Grisha Trilogy and am pretty sure this one will be as good as the other books! I'M SO EXCITED!!! <3

    Here's my WoW! :)
    Yvonne @ A World Between Folded Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't completed Ruin. It got spoiled for me and I've been picking at it here and there since then. :( Hope you love this book when it comes out.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I am definitely excited for this one as well! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope we both love it when it comes out!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Great pick! I have yet to read a Leigh Bardugo book.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You haven't read her other series? Most people I know seem to have already sped through them. Hope you get to read one of her books soon.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Ha, yes! I still haven't read the Grisha trilogy (I know I really need to) but this looks so good! Great pick!

    My TTT: http://tsundokubooks.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-court-of-fives.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you do get to the series, I hope you enjoy them. Hopefully they haven't been spoiled for you yet.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Everyone talks about this book. I really can't wait either :)

    Sofia @ SofiaLovesReading

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping all the hype isn't lying about this book. I always get nervous when everyone talks about certain books. Even when it is by an author I've already read and enjoyed before.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Oh that looks really good! Might have to check out these books as I haven't heard of them before.


    My WOW: http://mommywantstoread.blogspot.com/2015/08/waiting-on-wednesday-calvin-by-martine.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first series was pretty good (at least the first two books - haven't finished number three yet.) If you do pick them up, I hope you enjoy them.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I've heard tons of good things about this one as well! There's so much hype surrounding it; I hope it doesn't disappoint! But then again, it's Leigh Bardugo and she's amazing, so I have complete faith in her! :D
    Ariel @ Bookish Confessions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it doesn't disappoint either. I get so nervous with all the hype.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Great choice! Everyone is waiting for this book!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...