Once Upon A Time (Top Ten Tuesday #95)

Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Paper Bindings = Top Ten Tuesday - Fairy Tales
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.



This week's theme is the Top Ten Fairy Tales I've Read or Want To Read:

Ones I've Read:

cress by marissa meyerspelled by betsy schowa court of thorns and roses by sarah j maasprincess charming by nicole jordanlover be mine by nicole jordansecrets of seduction by nicole jordan

01. Cress (The Lunar Chronicles #3) by Marissa Meyer  - If I felt like cheating the "ten" rule today, I'd jam all the book in this series together. Rapunzel may not be my favorite fairy tale, though I really loved the movie Tangled, Cress is my favorite book of The Lunar Chronicles so far. Will that change when Winter is released? Doubtful, after all I covet Captain Thorne above all other guys in that series. 

02. Spelled (#1) by Betsy Schow - I figured I would like this book, but I didn't expect to love it. While the heroine is from The Wizard of Oz, there are plenty of fairy tales that make appearances for me to justify listing this book here. -review-

03. A Court Of Thorns And Roses (ACOTAR #1) by Sarah J. Maas - While I wasn't 100% shipping this romance, I enjoyed the retelling overall. Beauty and the Beast is one of my favorites so for that alone I'll add this book up here. -review-

04-06 Princess Charming / Lover Be Mine / Secrets of Seduction by Nicole Jordan - Essentially, the men and women in this family have always had these big, dramatic, true love sort of romances. So a few of the current generation get it in their heads that their own love stories are going to follow legendary lover's stories. (One of them being Beauty and the Beast, Secrets of Seduction, are we sensing a them yet?)




Ones I Want To Read:

ella enchanted by gail carson levineash and bramble by sarah prineasmechanica by betsy cornwell

07. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine - Basically this book has been on my TBR list since I found out my library (now my former library) had a copy after I found out the movie was based off a book. I rather enjoyed the movie, so I thought the book might be cute.

08. Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - It's supposed to be based off of Beauty and the Beast, though I have heard mixed things about it.

09. Ash & Bramble by Sarah Prineas - It looks like an interesting take on Cinderella.

10. Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell - Again, it seems like an interesting retelling of Cinderella.

What is your Top Ten this week?

8 comments:

  1. I love the Lunar Chronicles and also A Court of Thorns and Roses, and Spelled is on my tbr, I'm so glad you liked that one so much! Ella Enchanted is a book that I read when I was little and absolutely loved, I definitely think you should read it!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy Spelled when you get to it, I definitely recommend it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. You have a great list! The ones you've read I want to read and the ones you want to read I also want to read! Mechanica has an absolutely to die for cover! Cannot handle it!

    The Princess Charming series looks cute!

    Great list! Here's mine: Top Ten Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you get to read some of them soon!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. ah yes! I forgot about Nicole Jordan's series - it was fun :) My TTT list

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I hadn't heard of Nicole Jordon before. They're new to me and they sound good, so I'll check it out.
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like historical romance novels than I highly recommend these.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...