Love Is In The Air (Mini Reviews)

Saturday, August 29, 2015

Paper Bindings- Mini Reviews


There have been quite a few books that I've liked, or disliked, lately that haven't inspired me to write a lengthy review. But I wanted to say something about the books.

So here is the latest batch of mini reviews:
* Must Love Highlanders (Highland Holiday #1) by Grace Burrowes and Patience Griffin - 4/5 stars
* A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove #1) by Tessa Dare - 4/5 stars
* A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove #2) by Tessa Dare - 4/5 stars


Must Love Highlanders by Grace Burrowes and Patience Griffin
★★★★
Title: Must Love Highlanders (Highland Holiday #1)
Author: Grace Burrowes and Patience Griffin
Release Date: January 21st, 2015
Publisher: Indie
add to goodreads
I picked up this book because I love Grace Burrowes' other stories. I normally shy away from contemporary stories (hey, I want to escape from this world when I read, so I favor fantasy and paranormal stories) but this one promised me Scotsmen in kilts. I knew I was going to enjoy Grace's tale, but I ended up loving both stories very much. The characters were fun, the premises fresh, and I could believe the chemistry between the main duo in each story.

RELATED: Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight // The Bridegroom Wore Plaid // The MacGregor's Lady // The Captive



A Night To Surrender by Tessa Dare
★★★★
Title: A Night to Surrender (Spindle Cove #1)
Author: Tessa Dare
Release Date: August 30th, 2011
Publisher: Avon
add to goodreads


A bit ago I won a read book four of this series. I'm finally getting the chance to read the rest of it. The hero in this book, Bram, was a bit more forward than I'm used to in historical romance novels, but he was loveable nonetheless. Susanna was an awesome female character. She kicked butt and took names. I really loved the chemistry between the two of them.



A Week To Be Wicked by Tessa Dare
★★★★
Title: A Week to Be Wicked (Spindle Cove #2)
Author: Tessa Dare
Release Date: March 27th, 2012
Publisher: Avon
add to goodreads


Book two was just as cute as book one. I must admit I'm not that big a fan of the rake character. It gets annoying after all for the manslut to find one virginal woman to tame his wondering ways. But this duo really meshed well and it was easy to fall for their chemistry rather than the typical trope. I loved both of these characters in book one so I was excited to find they were the pair in book two. A Week To Be Wicked was a comical road trip involving some misunderstandings, dreams for the future, and tons of lies.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...