The Month I Didn't Stop Moving - July Recap

Saturday, August 1, 2015

Paper Bindings - All Things Life, Books, and Blog Monthly Recap -
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

July was....I'm sorry, what month are we talking about again?

Why?

Because I don't know what happened. 

Seriously, it is one giant blur.

What started out as a "read what I want" month turned into a "spend every waking moment looking for a full time job and have all your decisions assaulted from all angles" kind of month. 


Add in that period where I never got to read and when I did I just wasn't into my book, even though I liked it, and you get my July. 

Then it became "how do I rebalance my life while working two jobs and still have time to have a social life." Still working on that bit.

I'm glad the month is over though. Plus we are one step closer to fall, the best season ever in my opinion.

I did go through a massive TBR overall, bringing the total down a couple hundred + books. I also organized my series so I know which one I have to finish/get caught up on before I can start the new ones. (Also on the spreadsheet.) I feel good about my prospects of finishing them. 



Read

I read 16 books this month.

Dead of Winter by Kresley ColeKiller Frost (Mythos Academy #6) by Jennifer EstepFragile Darkness by Ellie Jamesthe raven boys by maggie stiefvaterstarters by lissa priceEleanor and Park by Rainbow RowellKindred by Erica StevensForbidden by Amy MilesMust Love Highlanders by Grace Burrowes and Patience GriffinGrave Mercy by Robin LaFeversThe Liberator by Victoria ScottAshlynn's Dreams by Julie GilbertThe Black Tattoo by Sam EsthovenDamian's Assassin by Lizzy FordThe Wrath and The Dawn by Renee AhdiehKiller Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes


 Reviewed


 Dead of Winter (Arcana #3) by Kresley Cole - 3/5
Killer Frost (Mythos Academy #6) by Jennifer Estep - 4/5
The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) by Maggie Steifvater - 5/5
Starters (Starters #1) by Lissa Price - 4/5
Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell - DNF
Kindred by Erica Stevens - 3/5
Forbidden by Amy Miles - DNF
Must Love Highlanders (Highland Holiday #1) by Grace Burrowes and Patience Griffin - 4/5
Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers - 4/5
The Liberator (Collector #2) by Victoria Scott - 4/5
Ashlynn's Dreams by Julie Gilbert - 3/5
The Black Tattoo by Sam Estroven - DNF
Damian's Assassin (War of Gods #2) by Lizzy Ford - 3/5
The Wrath and The Dawn by Renee Ahdieh - 5/5
Killer Instinct (#2) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - 4/5

Overall rating of books this month: 3.13/5


Read Previously But Review Posted This Month:
The Fixer (#1) by Jennifer Lynn Barnes - 4/5
Nowhere But Here (Thunder Road #1) by Katie McGarry - 4/5
Lois Lane (#1) by Gwenda Bond - 5/5


Co-Blogger Reviews:
Nothing this month.



Break It Down

Paper Bindings - The Month I Didn't Stop Moving - July Recap

Well, I didn't do too bad this month. Most of my books were rated a 4 so that beats out all the DNFs of previous months and keeps my total average rating for July higher than a 3. 


Paper Bindings - The Month I Didn't Stop Moving - July Recap

No surprise that YA took over my reading in July since I have been in a YA mood lately.


Paper bindings - The Month I Didn't Stop Moving - July Recap

Who saw paranormal being the largest piece of the pie here? Sometimes I think this is all I read until I look at things like this and realize that the thought is untrue.


Up On The Blog


We shared our TBR goals for July, how do you think we did?
Find out tomorrow.
*cries laugh*

Did you miss the first post of our newest feature: Book Club Recommends? Or how about our second feature?


Upcoming



ARC August is next month! So I guess that's where my book future lies. 

2 comments:

  1. Love the graphs! I want graphs. They are an OCD person's dream! We must have switched places. I DNF'd two books this month which is very weird for me! I just hate dnf'ing but who has time to read something you seriously dislike. Ugh!

    Great reading this month. Some of those covers make me want to swoon!

    Creating Serenity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Graphs are one of the few things I can actually do on excel. They make me feel like I am getting somewhere. I hate DNFing books too. But time is too valuable to waste when not enjoying something.

    Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...