Where Do You Think Months Go When They Abandon Us - August Recap

Monday, August 31, 2015

Paper Bindings - All Things Life, Books, and Blog Monthly Recap -
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

August was...wait, what month are we on?

Why?

Because I no longer have an idea what day we are on anymore. Seriously. The days are flying by and summer is almost over. Where do you think day go when they pass us like bullets?


Read

I read 20 books this month.

A Night To Surrender by Tessa DareA Week To Be Wicked by Tessa DareMaddy's Oasis by Lizzy FordKiera's Moon by Lizzy FordDarkyn's Mate by Lizzy FordIlluminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay KristoffPip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures by Maggie Stiefvater and Jackson PearceSunny side upBiting Bad by Chloe NeillWild things by Chloe NeillDragon Fall by Katie MacAlisterA Lady by midnight by Tessa DareDeidre's Death by Lizzy Fordnightdrake by lara adrianblood games by chloe neillbecoming darkness by lindsay francis brambleswhite lions lady by lara adrianreawakened by collen houckthe warlord's secret by lizzy fordthe court of fives by kate elliott



 Reviewed


Maddy's Oasis by Lizzy Ford - 3.5/5
Kiera's Moon (#1) by Lizzy Ford - 3/5
Darkyn's Mate (#3) by Lizzy Ford - 3/5
Illuminae (Illuminae Files #1) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - 5/5
Pip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures (#1) by Maggie Stiefvater & Jackson Pearce - 4/5
Sunny Side Up by Jennifer L. Holm - 4/5
Biting Bad (Chicagoland Vamps #8) by Chloe Neill - 4/5
Wild Things (Chicagoland Vamps #9) by Chloe Neill - 4/5
Dragon Fall (Black Dragons #1) by Katie MacAlister - 5/5
A Lady By Midnight (Spindle Cover #3) by Tessa Dare - 4/5
Deidre's Death (Rhyn Eternal #2) by Lizzy Ford - 2/5
Nightdrake by Lara Adrian - 2.5/5
Blood Games (Chicagoland Vampires #10) by Chloe Neill - 4/5
Becoming Darkness by Lindsay Francis Brambles - 3/5
White Lion's Lady by Lara Adrian - 2.5/5
Reawakened by Collen Houck - 4/5
The Warlord's Secret by Lizzy Ford - 2/5
Court of Fives by Kate Elliott - 4/5


Overall rating of books this month: 3.57/5


Read Previously But Review Posted This Month:
N/A


Co-Blogger Reviews:
Tisha's:
Deceptive Cadence by Katie Hamstead - 3/5
Hello, Goodbye, and Everything In Between by Jennifer E. Smith - 3/5
What You Left Behind by Jessica Verdi - 4/5

Stephanie:
Down The Rabbit Hole by Peter Abrahams - 2/5

Tracy:
Silent Alarm by Jennifer Banash - 5/5




Break It Down


Paper Bindings- August 2015 Recap

Overall I guess it was a good month. There were quite a few lower rated books on there but I am blaming it on cleaning out my e readers and all those freebie ebooks I've picked up over the years.  

Side note: I've almost read through all my ibooks! *celebratory dance* And I have finally downloaded the kindle and nook apps to my phone so I have a wider range of ebooks to choose from while I read a work. I feel technologically cool now.


Paper Bindings - August 2015 Recap

I'm in a YA mood I swear. I'm blaming the 70% on all those freebie ebooks I've picked up. I can't help it that they recommend other freebie ebooks of similar content, can I?



Paper Bindings - August 2015 Recap

Raise your hands if you are surprised by this breakdown? 

Now lower them if your under two.

Anyone left?

Thought not.




Up On The Blog


Book Club recommended some of our favorite Middle Grade/Young Reader books and American Civil War books.



Upcoming


September is going to be the month of September. I really have no plans one way or another. But maybe that is just what I need.

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...