The World (And My Goals) Were Far From Perfect - ARC August Update Final Recap

Sunday, August 30, 2015

Paper Bindings - ARC AUGUST

I saw this thing called ARC August and had to join in.


ARC August is hosted over at Read.Sleep.Repeat and it's all about tackling that ARC pile.

I am doing okay on my own, but this seemed liked it would be a fun way to motivated me to get into gear.


Rules:

The rules are very simple....

* It may be a physical ARC or and eARC but it MUST be an ARC
* Yes it can be an ARC that has released as long as it’s an ARC I’m not going to nit pick much
* HAVE FUN WITH THIS! Feeling like you are being “forced” to read is the best way turn a fun event into a yucky obligation.
* Update post! I personally will do a post for each Saturday in August but that’s just me. You can update once a week, every other week or once for the whole darn event. This update can be in the form of a blog or tumblr post, vlog, link to your “ARC August 2015″ shelf or even an instagram pic! I want to make this as easy and low pressure as possible for you.

My Goal:


In a perfect world: 30 (That is all the older ARCs I've recently received plus all the books that come out through the end of September.)
Ideally, okay, more realistically: 18 (All newish older arcs, and new ones taking me through August publishing dates.)
I'll settle for: 8 (That's 2 a week.)

Challenge Update:


To keep things interesting, I'm going to list the books and then one gif that sums up my feeling about that particular book until my full review is posted.

Books Read This Week: 1
Books Read In Total: 5


reawakened by collen houck
4/5 stars


Final Results:
Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay KristoffPip Bartlett's Guide to Magical Creatures by Maggie Stiefvater and Jackson PearceSunny side upbecoming darkness by lindsay francis bramblesreawakened by collen houck


What about you guys? How are you doing?

2 comments:

  1. You did great! You may not ave read 8 but you read 5, which is a great amount! Congratulations ;D

    Here's my update if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'll admit I did better than I feared I was going to do after that first week.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...