I'm Waiting For My Feels To Die A Thousand Deaths (Waiting on Wednesday #106)

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Waiting on Wednesday - The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen #2) by Jodi Meadows
Title: The Mirror King (The Orphan Queen #2)
Author: Jodi Meadows
Release Date: April 5th, 2016
Genre: Fantasy - OMG SOUL CRUSHING HEARTACHE
Publisher: HarperCollins

“Wilhelmina has a hundred enemies.

HER FRIENDS HAVE TURNED. After her identity is revealed during the Inundation, Princess Wilhelmina is kept prisoner by the Indigo Kingdom, with the Ospreys lost somewhere in the devastated city. When the Ospreys’ leader emerges at the worst possible moment, leaving Wil’s biggest ally on his deathbed, she must become Black Knife to set things right.

HER MAGIC IS UNCONTROLLABLE. Wil’s power is to animate, not to give true life, but in the wraithland she commanded a cloud of wraith mist to save herself, and later ordered it solid. Now there is a living boy made of wraith—destructive and deadly, and willing to do anything for her.

HER HEART IS TORN. Though she’s ready for her crown, declaring herself queen means war. Caught between what she wants and what is right, Wilhelmina realizes the throne might not even matter. Everyone thought the wraith was years off, but already it’s destroying Indigo Kingdom villages. If she can’t protect both kingdoms, soon there won’t be a land to rule.

In this stunning conclusion to THE ORPHAN QUEEN, Jodi Meadows follows Wilhelmina’s breathtaking and brave journey from orphaned criminal on the streets to magic-wielding queen.”
RELATED : The Hidden Prince | The Glowing Knight | The Burning Hand | The Black Knife | The Orphan Queen | The Mirror King | The Orphan Queen Launch Party | My Lady Jane

Why?:


Because I am apparently a glutton for punishment.

And a good book.

When you see the #OQSupportGroup tag floating around on twitter, let me tell you: IT IS NOT A JOKE. THE ORPHAN QUEEN WILL RIP YOUR HEART AND SOUL FROM YOUR BODY then it calmly jumps on to the pieces and grinds them into dust.

But I need this book like a dying man needs water, etc. Whatever cliche you want to toss here, I need this book like that.

My feels still have not recovered from that ending. I need this book anyday....I really am dreading the wait until 2016. At least I have novellas to keep me company in the meantime.


What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha Carrie, you always word things perfectly! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What can I say? When I get passionate about books, my words just kind of tumble out in dramatic waves. XD

      Thank you for stopping by Sarah!

      Delete
  2. I love the cover, it's really beautiful!
    Haven't read Orphan Queen yet but it sounds good. Thanks for sharing!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like fantasy at all, then you have to read this series. I highly recommend it. Though maybe you should wait until book two is released and you have immediately available for that ending.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Great choice! I hope you love it and I'll see your lovely face around my blog

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woah, that intense? The OQ was on my radar, but I'm so swamped... Huh, looks like I have to put this somewhere at the very top of my list now.
    Let's hope the sequel has lots of glue for your hearts. Dying unicorns are a shame and a waste, and we can't have that! ^^
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Let's hope the sequel has lots of glue for your hearts." From your lips to Jodi Meadows' ears. Though she has been saying that people who have read it already hate her. (Not really.) So I'm expecting pain and suffering. But I think it will be worth it in the end.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...