I Am Attending Author Events Like A Pro Now - Sunday Post #132 - July 5th, 2015

Sunday, July 5, 2015

Paper Bindings - Weekly Recap
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.


This week started out with a crappy weekend at work, but quickly shifted into fun.

On Monday I attended a book signing at Barnes and Noble featuring Jennifer L. Armentrout, Shayla Black, Laura Kaye, and Tessa Bailey. (I shared a few pictures on my instagram page.)

Thankfully Sarah from Words With Sarah posted about it on Twitter or I would have missed it since my phone never alerted me.

The event was loads of fun, and full of laughs. All the ladies were super nice and I picked up some great books. I wish they had more books ones, then I could have gotten a book from each author.

I did not get to spend a lot of time reading this week but I continued my massive behind the scenes organization.

I've reorganized the books I have with me into an ARC pile, several "older" book piles based upon how quickly I need to read the book, and a read pile. Every ARC I possess is on my handy ARC spreadsheet.

I went through my TBR list in preparation for my massive plan to get my series under control. Every one I am in the middle of reading or own or want to read is on the Series spreadsheet. (Aside from the ones I've already completed that is.) This is making it so much easier to see where I am and what books I own and haven't read yet.

If you are curious about the spreadsheets, allow me to direct you to their wonderful creator (and my life saver) Crini.


Weekly Recap



Read



Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarryLois Lane : Fallout by Gwenda Bond

I read Nowhere But Here and Lois Lane: Fallout last week but never got to add them to my Sunday Post page in time.

Dead of Winter by Kresley ColeKiller Frost (Mythos Academy #6) by Jennifer Estep



Acquired

once upon a dream books - The Sunday Post - July 5th, 2015
From the library.

Well, I needed The Raven Boys for my July book club read since my copy was packed away in storage with most of my books. 

I didn't get to read Eleanor and Park when my book club read it because of moving, so I need to catch up with the girls. 

Staters has been sitting on my currently reading page for over a year. (I am really bad at listening to my audiobooks since they move so slow and I only get to listen while cleaning.) 

The Black Tattoo was my only impulse pick, the fancy writing and design lured me in. I really have no idea what this book is going to be about.

The rest of the pile has been on my TBR for a while, and since I need books on my TBR that are already out to help build up my review pile on the blog, they got to come home with me.

(Funny story though, as I was pulling out books to be read from the one box of books I brought with me for a tag....guess what book I found had wedged its way with the few already read books in that box? My massive library haul was for nothing!)

once upon a dream books - The Sunday Post - July 5th, 2015
Purchased.

At the Barnes and Noble signing I picked up these books. Plus a few others because, well, I walked into a book store. The Stephen King one is a gift for my mother for her upcoming birthday. No one tell her. XD

I already own White Hot Kiss and Stone Cold Touch but they are not in the same state as me and still boxed away. The little book devil made me buy a second copy. I'm sure I'll end up giving them away one I get my hands on them again.

I already read Powerless but I needed to own a physical copy of it. Plus that cover is just awesome.

I haven't read Born of Defiance, Opposition, or Hard As It Gets yet but I am looking forward to them.

How was your week?

12 comments:

  1. I loved Wait For You Jennifer L. Armentrout! I'm so happy you got to go to the signing! Great library book haul this week! Happy Reading!

    My Sunday Post @ theBloggityBLOG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I get all the books in my possession (I have to order a few of them) I am going to binge read this series. I have been meaning to for a while now, the signing was like a boost to my motivation.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Nice haul! I've also got Eleanor and Park to read soon! And wow - your spreadsheets sound incredibly organised! Well done :) Enjoy your new books!

    My Sunday Post: https://thebookbrief.wordpress.com/2015/07/04/stacking-the-shelves-the-sunday-post-3/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like Eleanor and Park when you get to read it. The spreadsheet is awesome, but a little bit daunting looking how many books in total it means I want to read.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. You sound super organised, I'm hoping to sort out my TBR pile soon, it is getting outta hand!

    Have a great week!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to be organized. Things flow a lot better when I am. Best of luck sorting out your TBR pile, it is a lot of work but I think the results will make you feel better about your chances of reading all these books.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I never think to even see what author events are happening around here. I need to fix that as they sound like they can be so much fun. Enjoy your new books and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Author's don't usually come anywhere near me. But when I saw Jennifer at BEA she told me they were going to be coming close and it immediately when on my calendar. So you never know when they might come by.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. A spreadsheet! That does sound serious. I'm using this project management tool at the moment but have to admit I keep forgetting to look at it. I'm not sure why but I seriously prefer handwritten lists!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to have a hand written sort of log, but it got so messy with cross offs and add ons that I decided I would try a digital master sheet with hand written post its as I divide the list up and start reading.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. THE DEAD OF WINTER!! <3 i am SO in love with the Arcana Chronicles! my friend Ashley recently convinced me to start the series and I binge read the entire thing in like a week! i hope you enjoy it! i am anxiously counting down the days until the release of the next book in the series!
    Emily @ http://www.wholly-books.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you like it. Overall I've been entertained, but I did have some misgivings with the romance portion of things. I am really curious as to where the next book is going to take us.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...