The Week I Just Want To Crawl Into A Good Book And Never Leave - Sunday Post #133 - July 12th, 2015

Sunday, July 12, 2015

Paper Bindings - Weekly Recap
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.


Ever have one of those weeks where the shit gets real and life takes over?

Yup, my week.

I've been spending a good portion of my reading time lately looking for a full time job since my current place of employment is big on the "just hang on for some undisclosed period of time in the very, very distant future when we may or may not have openings." A far cry from what I was led to believe when I took the seasonal job.

And that's just the tip of my real life iceberg, so needless to say my month of READING what I want isn't turning out so great.

(Seriously, don't look at the number of books read this past week.....)

I've spent everyday attempting (or failing to remember to bring) Ruin and Rising with me every where I went.

So I've read one book and about 20 pages. *cries* The horror, especially since I've really, really just wanted to sit down and read half a dozen books or so in one sitting.

The Book Gods are angry with me and apparently require a sacrifice.

*leaves out offering of sister's chocolate that has been forgotten in the fridge*

As for the Job Gods?

*offers whole fridge and pantry*



Weekly Recap



Read



Fragile Darkness by Ellie James


Acquired

Nothing. Attempt #985,432,974,878,934 to get caught up on owned books.

How was your week?

4 comments:

  1. Oh... I can relate (and love the Minions meme. I'm kinda like that... very round with short arms!).

    I hope you find full time work soon. I'm only looking for part-time work but know how frustrating it can be!

    As for the book gods... I think they like you to join them in some chocolate. Or better still, eat the chocolate on their behalf! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I hope you find work as well. This job market is so tough.

      I'm tempted to eat the chocolate myself, particularly on days when there is no other food in the house. My sister would definitely remember they were there then. XD

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. The right job will come to you, I was made redundant and trying to find work was hard, I turned to chocolate!

    But I got head hunted and have nearly lost the stone the chocolate put on!

    I hope it all sorts itself out!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I believe. If it's meant to be, it will be.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...