This Month We Have A Plan - July's TBR Goals

Thursday, July 2, 2015

Paper Bindings - This Month We Have A Plan - July's TBR Goals

So I made a tentative TBR goal last month. While I did not read ONLY from that list, it gave me a nice starting point. The girls at Paper Bindings thought we'd make it official and jump on the monthly TBR bandwagon.




Carrie


illuminae by amie kaufman and jay kristoffthese shallow graves by jennifer donnellybecoming darkness state of grace by hilary badgerpassenger by alexandra bracken the scorpio races by maggie stiefvaterthe raven boys by maggie stiefvaterfairest by marissa meyerson of no one by sherrilyn kenyonalice in zombieland by gena showalterthrough the zombie glass by gena showalterthe queen of zombie hearts by gena showalter


I'm working through my books for review slowly but surely. I'm almost halfway through my pile. While my goal is to read ALL of them this month, and I really think I can do it, I am only listing the physical books for review since I go through them faster than ebooks or the NetGalley ones because I want my 100% again. Namely: Illuminae, These Shallow Graves, Becoming Darkness, and State of Grace.

Passenger was a highly anticipated BEA book that I will make room for this month. After Truthwitch, I'm afraid of another book hangover.

The Raven Boys is this month's book club book. I'M GOING TO CORRUPT THEM. I mean, they will all love this book so....or they will lie to me and tell me they love this book so. I am so nervous......

There rest (Fairest, Son of No One, The Scorpio Races, Alice in Zombieland, Through The Zombie Glass, and Queen of Zombie Hearts) are all from the owned and unread pile. Though I did read Alice in Zombieland already, but I wanted a reread before book two.



Tisha





the best of me by nicholas sparksheartbreakerslair of dreams by libba brayan abundance of katherines by john greenthe raven boys by maggie stiefvater


The Best of Me: I saw the movie on a whim back in the fall (a single gal needs some romance in her life every once and while) and surprisingly really liked the film. Thus, I figured I would check out the book, but I have been lingering reading this ever since then. Wow, is the movie much, much better! In any case I really want to be done with this book this month and move it to my never read again pile.

The Heartbreakers: I received this book as an ARC at BEA and the book is out in early August, so I really want to read this before then. The premise looks interesting and I have been looking for some new YA contemporary authors to get into.

The Diviners: Lair of Dreams: Another ARC book I got at BEA that’s out in early August. I am going on a trip in July that includes 14 hours of airport/airplane time so with this gigantic page turner, I think I will be all set.

An Abundance of Katherines: This book concludes my John Green audiobook tour. I recently finished Paper Towns by audiobook and found that Green’s books are the perfect material for this format.

The Raven Boys: This is our July Book Club pick and I am so excited for this one -I have heard nothing, but good things.



Tracy


the royal wevangothis is where it endsthe lake of dead languagesharry potter and the sorcerers stonegeorge washington's secret six


The Royal We: I’m a strong anglophile. Even though the American and Jamaican in me tells me I shouldn’t, I’ve also always been a bit of royalist. So much history there! Because of all this, I picked up this book while in Williamsburg, Va. It seems like a fun read reminiscent of “The Prince and Me.”

Vango: I added it because a co worker had it on a list of top YA books for 2015 and the summary looked interesting. It looks like a cool twist on usual WWII era plots.

This is Where it Ends: It’s ARC read that JoRayne recommended from BEA. She says it’s pretty good and that she can’t wait to talk about it with someone. I started it and while the switching narratives is a bit annoying, it does seem like something right up my alley.

The Book of Dead Languages: Someone recommended this book to me when I mentioned that I’ve been looking for a good adult book to read. It has boarding school and a mystery tied in which looks to be a wonderful summer read.

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone: Since Dreams left (:() we all decide to re-read the series together. It’s my turn to read it and I can’t wait to read this wonderful story again.

George Washington’s Secret Six: The American Revolution is my favorite time period to learn/read about. I love that finally this time period is getting some love on TV. “Turn: Washington’s Spies” is on AMC and it’s based off this book. Can’t wait to see what’s “real” and “not real” in the television version.



Stephanie


unearthly by cynthia handbeauty queens by libba braylois lane : fallout by gwenda bondthe flash season zerothe raven boys by maggie stiefvater


Unearthly: I started reading this book ages ago when Dreams lent it to me, but never got past the third chapter before returning it. A few weeks ago I started reading it with a student and she gave up on it too (I made her read a quarter way through before I let her give up, because I’m a hypocrite) but at this point I sort of feel obligated to finish it.

Beauty Queens: Another book I tried out with my pickiest student. She was not impressed (as a pageant girl she thought it was inaccurate). Again, I feel like I need to finish it, this time because it is weird and kind of train wreck-y. What is even happening with this book?

Lois Lane: Fallout: I love comics, and often the things based off of them, and Dreams is saying really positive stuff about this one. Therefore, it’s been bumped up my tbr list. Plus, I need to start reading some of my spoils from BookCon...

The Flash Season Zero: Speaking of comics! I’ve never actually read any of the Flash comics (as far as DC went, I was a Wonder Woman & Batman fan as a kid). Also, I am in serious withdrawal from the CW show. It is painful. I hope reading a few of the comics based on the show will help ease my suffering. If nothing else, looking at the covers helps ;)

The Raven Boys: Book club book! Also, I think that if we don’t all read it, Dreams will glare us to death. Not to mention that we would apparently be deprived of some truly awesome male characters. It does have a really cool summary though, so I am looking forward to it.


What are you planning on reading this month?

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I have heard so much good things (and quite a bit that inspires terror to my poor tender heart) about Illuminae. I have one more book to get through before I can start it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Unearthly is one of my favorites! I've been hearing great things about The Royal We. I hope you enjoy your books! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rather enjoyed the Unearthly series myself. (About time she gave it a second look. Though it's not as bad of a wait as her delaying Clockwork Princess.) I haven't heard of The Royal We until she mentioned it before. I think I might see how she likes it before I decide to pick if up myself.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Illuminae is on my TBR as well, but for a much later date. I hope you enjoy The Raven Boys because I kind of hated it :/ Most of these books are news to me, I haven't read them, I own a copy of Unearthly - the cover is very pretty though. Hope you get to finish your TBR in time <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I finish my TBR in time too. But I tend to be a mood reader so we will see. Hope you like Illuminae when you get to it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. YeAh obikitty, beauty queens is bizzare. Lol not my favorite of Bray's but I thought it would work. Sad panda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the only Bray book I've read, I think, and lol, it really is bizarre! Don't worry, she's just very particular. I'm not entirely certain she will ever admit to liking anything, I'm just hoping she'll admit to finding something tolerable enough to finish XP Also, I love the word bizarre. I always have. I just like the way it sounds. And looks. And that it's a synonym for weird. Yay bizarre!

      Delete
    2. You read The Diviners by her right? I believe it was a book club book.

      Delete
  5. I really want to read Alice in Zombieland! i love any type of alice in wonderland retellings or spinoffs! i recently finished the splintered series by A.G. Howard and LOVED it! great post!
    Emily @ http://www.wholly-books.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the third book in the Splintered series yet. But it's on my summer tbr list. If you get the chance to read the Alice in Zombieland series, I recommend it. (I've only read book one, but it was pretty good.)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...