Let Me Strike A Pose - Dumplin (Waiting on Wednesday #109)

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Dumplin by Julie Murphy
Title: Dumplin'
Author: Julie Murphy
Release Date: September 15, 2015
Genre: YA-Contemporary
Publisher: HarperCollins
add to goodreads

“Self-proclaimed fat girl Willowdean Dickson (dubbed “Dumplin’” by her former beauty queen mom) has always been at home in her own skin. Her thoughts on having the ultimate bikini body? Put a bikini on your body. With her all-American beauty best friend, Ellen, by her side, things have always worked . . . until Will takes a job at Harpy’s, the local fast-food joint. There she meets Private School Bo, a hot former jock. Will isn’t surprised to find herself attracted to Bo. But she is surprised when he seems to like her back.

Instead of finding new heights of self-assurance in her relationship with Bo, Will starts to doubt herself. So she sets out to take back her confidence by doing the most horrifying thing she can imagine: entering the Miss Clover City beauty pageant—along with several other unlikely candidates—to show the world that she deserves to be up there as much as any twiggy girl does. Along the way, she’ll shock the hell out of Clover City—and maybe herself most of all.

With starry Texas nights, red candy suckers, Dolly Parton songs, and a wildly unforgettable heroine— Dumplin’ is guaranteed to steal your heart.”



Why?:


Okay, to be honest, I've read the blurb once and I haven't really heard much feedback yet. But there is something about this book that burrowed itself into my mind and won't let go until I read it. Add in the fact that I keep seeing that Dumplin' pose everywhere, I guess this book is trying to tell me something.

What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

11 comments:

  1. I'm so persnickety. I'm not sure I could make myself read a book with a main character named "Willowdean". I originally turned down Raven Boys (it wasn't even on my TBR) because of "Blue" and "Gansey:. At least Gansey ended up being a last name, lol XP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU ORIGINIALLY TURNED DOWN THE RAVEN BOYS??? AREN'T YOU GLAD I FORCED YOU TO READ IT ANYWAYS?

      I originally passed over Dumplin myself, but then I started hearing some great reviews.

      Delete
    2. Sadly, I did. Sometimes, even if I like a summary, I'll pass on a book because I rolled my eyes at the character's name. Like; I don't know if I can continuously read that ridiculous name without giving myself a headache will all the eye-rolling, lol.

      I am glad though. The Raven Cycle is awesome. Even if some of the characters have aren'tIuniqueandspecialevenmynameiscoolandquirky names XP

      Delete
  2. I want to read this as well. I really like the sound of it. I hope you get to read, and enjoy, it soon. Thanks for sharing, and happy Wednesday. :)
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you liked this book as well.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I had some issue with the other book by her I read (mainly character wise) but I heard such great things about this book that I had to give her a second try.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. I wasn't very interested in this book the first time I heard of it, but heard so much about it, I had to request it for review. Planning on reading it within the next couple weeks because I can't get my mind off of it either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same thing happened to me. I'm really hoping those early reviews I heard that changed my mind are pretty accurate. Hope you enjoy it!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I haven't read anything by this author yet but the synopsis sounds amazing!
    Here is My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read her other book, but I wasn't sold on it. Mainly I had character issues. But I enjoyed the book enough to be willing to try another book by her.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...