ARC August - BOOM! Let's Do This

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Paper Bindings - ARCAugust

I saw this thing called ARC August and had to join in.


ARC August is hosted over at Read.Sleep.Repeat and it's all about tackling that ARC pile.

I am doing okay on my own, but this seemed liked it would be a fun way to motivated me to get into gear.



Rules:

The rules are very simple....

* It may be a physical ARC or and eARC but it MUST be an ARC
* Yes it can be an ARC that has released as long as it’s an ARC I’m not going to nit pick much
* HAVE FUN WITH THIS! Feeling like you are being “forced” to read is the best way turn a fun event into a yucky obligation.
* Update post! I personally will do a post for each Saturday in August but that’s just me. You can update once a week, every other week or once for the whole darn event. This update can be in the form of a blog or tumblr post, vlog, link to your “ARC August 2015″ shelf or even an instagram pic! I want to make this as easy and low pressure as possible for you.

My Goal:


In a perfect world: 30 (That is all the older ARCs I've recently received plus all the books that come out through the end of September.)
Ideally, okay, more realistically: 18 (All newish older arcs, and new ones taking me through August publishing dates.)
I'll settle for: 8 (That's 2 a week.)

What about you guys? Are you joining the challenge next month?

6 comments:

  1. This is such a cool idea! It would be great to finally put a dent in my TBR ARC pile, though 2 books per week for me would be more realistic since I'm a pretty slow reader.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a mood reader. So even if I read 1000 books a read, I'd probably still only read 2 ARCs. lol. I hope you join in!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great way to kick our butts in the reading department! Sadly, this is too daunting for me! I already have trouble reading fast and so this pressure wouldn't bode well with me! Best of luck ;)

    PS - thanks for stopping by my review of Playing To Win by Jaci Burton, I replied with a recommeneded book for you if you're still interested in a contemporary romance read! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pressure might get to me, especially with my work situation taking up valuable free time. But I'm still going to try. If I fail, at least no lives were on the line.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I definitely want to sign up for this too! I could use a month to catch up on ARCs. Good luck!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and good luck to you as well. (If you join, of course.)

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...