Scout Grows Up (Watiting on Wednesday #102)

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Paper Bindings - Waiting on Wednesday - Go Set A Watchman by Harper Lee
Title: Go Set a Watchman
Author: Harper Lee
Release Date: July 14, 2015
Publisher: Harper

“Originally written in the mid-1950s, Go Set a Watchman was the novel Harper Lee first submitted to her publishers before To Kill a Mockingbird. Assumed to have been lost, the manuscript was discovered in late 2014… Go Set a Watchman features many of the characters from To Kill a Mockingbird some twenty years later. Returning home to Maycomb to visit her father, Jean Louise Finch—Scout—struggles with issues both personal and political, involving Atticus, society, and the small Alabama town that shaped her… Exploring how the characters from To Kill a Mockingbird are adjusting to the turbulent events transforming mid-1950s America, Go Set a Watchman casts a fascinating new light on Harper Lee’s enduring classic. Moving, funny and compelling, it stands as a magnificent novel in its own right.”



Why?:
It's a sequel to To Kill a Mockingbird. That's all I need to hear.
What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

12 comments:

  1. Yes!!! Sequel to To Kill A Mockingbird is all I need to hear as well!! Great pick!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll go check out your site :)

      Delete
  2. Nice pick! and the reason is enough to pick it up too.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I DNFed To Kill A Mockingbird... I know, ppl are on my ass about it all the time, but classics are just not for me. Hope all those of you who loved it will love this just as much, though!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fair enough, it look me so long to get through the first part, but then I loved it so I get where you are coming from. Agreed some classics just don't don't do it for me! Thanks for the comment :)

      Delete
  4. I'm really excited for this one too! I love the cover. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I like that it's similar to To Kill a Mockingbird's cover and they didn't modernize it too much.

      Delete
  5. I did really like To Kill a Mockingbird, but I don't know that I'm that excited for the sequel. It'll be on my TBR list, and hopefully sometime I'll get to it. Great pick this week! And thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's been so long - I've been burned by that before (the sequels to The Giver are awful) - so we'll see! No problem - great site.

      Delete
  6. I'm on the fence about this one. To Kill a Mockingbird has been one of my favs since I was a young teen and I've always wanted more books by Harper Lee but with the controversy behind this book I'm a little hesitant to pick it up. I do hope that you enjoy it though!

    Denise @ Dandelionn Wine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Thank you! I hope you enjoy your WoW: White Hot as well!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...