Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd love to see as movies or TV shows

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Paper Bindings - Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd love to see as movies or TV shows
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


This week's theme is the Top Ten : Books I'd love to see as movies or TV shows

Finding out that one of your favorite fictional worlds is about to become a cinematic reality is always enough to get your heart pumping. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't, but it's always exciting to see the final product. Here is my wishlist, Hollywood...


01. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer -This series would be great as a TV show. A crazy, wonderful, insane TV show with a diverse cast and preferably a huge budget.

02. The Subtle Knife by Phillip Pullman - I know that the Golden Compass movie was an actual crime and all, but I love this book to pieces and it would be amazing to see it on film. Just keep the producers and screenwriters and most of the actors from the first movie away from it this time.


03. Loki: Agent of Asgard - A comic book. Yes, I am going there. I would love to see this as a live-action TV show. S.H.E.I.L.D. has pretty good ratings, and I'm sure people would watch the amusingly devious, yet somehow charming adventures of a twenty-something trickster god. I wouldn't mind Journey Into Mystery either, but that one would probably be a lot harder for the general population to wrap it's mind around...

04. Ultimate Spider-man series- Another comic, last one I promise. I know there is a cartoon with this name, but it isn't much like the actual comic run and I would love to see live-action Ultimate Spidey doing his thing... though preferably with a drastically different ending (Miles Morales is cool, but maybe he could come about in a far less tragic and heart-shattering way?)

05. The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde -This would be a tricky one to pull off, but I'd love to see someone try. I feel like the BBC could make this amazing if they really tried.

06. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - I love everything about this book and I think it would make a kick-ass coming of age (the college years) movie.

07. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare - Jem, Will, and Tessa. Steampunk literary bamf nerds. That is all. (If City of Bones can exist this needs to exist)

08. The Harry Potter series - But as a TV show. With no side-plots dropped and no detail spared. I've seen it suggested online before: each book being it's own season. It would be amazing. That or just an original spin-off TV show that follows the Marauders around Hogwarts... They could call it Mischief Managed, or just The Marauders. I would totally watch that.


09. Soulless by Gail Carriger -I feel like this could work as anything: a TV show, a movie, a mini-series. Vampires are still "in", right? There's hope for this. Come on Syfy channel, you know you want to...

10. The Alex Rider series by Anthony Horowitz - Simply put, I want a do-over. The only thing they can keep is Ewan McGregor.

What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Stephanie

Stephanie is a tutor who loves helping people improve and excel. She loves a good story, so is obsessed with books, films, TV, and comics. A regular geek with a heart of gold ;)

14 comments:

  1. I keep seeing Cinder everywhere, I don't think I can really comment on it since I never finished the book! :( I gave up on the second chapter, I borrowed it from the library again so hopefully I can love it too then lol. I agree about Soulless though <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy it this time around, but tastes differ- I know I don't like some books that my friends swear by. If you still don't like it, maybe you can enjoy the TV version that is surely coming now that I've put the idea out there, lol.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  2. CAN WE PLEASE HAVE THE LUNAR CHRONICLES ANYTHING!?!? I mainly just need Thorne....and Wolf. I'll be happy with the two of them.

    And I totally agree with #7. Those three books were so much better than the others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy with Thorne and Wolf too ;)

      I know you called dibbs though, that's what I get for being late to the party, lol

      Delete
    2. *Sigh* I'll have to be content with Ewan then, lol.

      Delete
  3. Great list! I like the sound of Fangirl. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! At BookCon Rainbow Rowell said that Fangirl would make a good movie... maybe the studios will listen to her? If you're curious (and I'm sure she's mentioned this in other places), she said that she pictured Tom Felton and Daniel Radcliffe while writing Levi and Nick. Other people probably had heard about that, but it was news to me. Anyway, I would watch the movie regardless of who they cast (no promises that I wouldn't have a fangirl fit if I didn't like the casting- but still, I'd see it)

      Delete
  4. I have Soulless on my list too! I really would like to see more steampunk stuff on the big screen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, more steampunk please! If you are looking for steampunk tv/movies two of my current favorites are The Secret Adventures of Jules Verne (tv) and The Extraordinary Adventures of Adèle Blanc-Sec (movie- if you don't mind subtitles and dinosaurs- wow, I never thought I'd type that, lol)

      Delete
  5. The Lunar Chronicles needs to be a movie now! And Fangirl - YES PLEASE! It would be an awesome TV show
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had the media formats switched, but I would still totally watch it your way! And now that you mention it, Fangirl would make a pretty cool sitcom...

      Thanks for reading and commenting!

      Delete
  6. I still need to read Cinder gdi! I'm on the fourth book of TMI series and I'm loving it so far, I hope the TV show is better than the film :-) Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Definitely read Cinder! And Infernal Devices is way better than Mortal Instruments, lol.

      Thanks for reading!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...