The High Ratings of 2015 (Top Ten Tuesday #90)

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Paper Bindings - Top Ten Tuesday - Favorite Books
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.



This week's theme is the Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2015:

the orphan queen by jodi meadowsA Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwablion heart by ac gaughen



01. The Orphan Queen by Jodi Meadows - One of my most anticipated books of 2015 and it lived up to all it's promise. Meeting Jodi and attending The Orphan Queen launch event at Books of Wonder was a plus. - review -
02. A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab - I'll be honest here, I didn't hear much about this book until a few months before release. But when I had heard convinced me I needed to buy this book. And they weren't wrong. -review-

03. Lion Heart by AC Gaughen - I really love the tale of Robin Hood, so I had to check this series out. (Okay, so I delayed for a long while....but I had my reasons.) I quickly feel for this series and I really loved the final installment. - review-


these broken stars by amie kaufman and megan spoonerborn of fury by sherrilyn kenyon

04. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman and Megan Spooner - I had this book forever before I finally got a round to reading it. Feel of it not living up to the hype held me back. Don't be like me and wait! Read it today! -review-

05. Born of Fury by Sherrilyn Kenyon - Have you seen this book? It's massive. I held off for a bit because it wasn't going to be a 1-2-3 quick read...but I was a fool. I really love The League series and this book was no exception.

When Magic Dares by Tera lynn childsair by heather jamesthe way of kings by brandon sanderson

06. When Magic Dares by Tera Lynn Childs - I was lucky enjoy to become a member of the Darkly Fae street team, and double lucky enjoy to have been able to beta read this book. I really enjoy this novella series. -review-

07. Air by Heather James - It is not often that I find an indie series that I love, but this is one of those times. It is bitter sweet now that the series is over for me, but if you haven't tried it yet, give it a shot. -review-

08. The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - This book took me over a month to read because it was so massive and I had limited time on my lunch breaks to read it. But it was time well spent. I love this world and am looking forward to reading the next book. -review-


heir of fire by sarah j maascold burn of magic by jennifer estep

09. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas - I think each book in this series just gets better and better than the last. Book three is by far my favorite. I cannot wait to see how the next one tries to top this. -review-

10. Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep - This world was fun and fascination. The characters were interesting. I knew I was going to love this book going in and I was right. -review-




What is your Top Ten this week?

19 comments:

  1. So many of these books are on my TBR pile. Love that you have such a diverse group of books. My Top Ten Tuesday includes a lot of older titles but I'm using this year to get caught up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At this point I'm not sure what I'm going to read next, so I keep everyone guessing. lol. I'm trying to work on some old stuff too, but I waiting until I got my massive series spreedsheet complete so I can see what series I need to finish before I start new ones.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. You are the second person to mention the Darker Side of Magic..I need to pick that up. I love Estep's book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, yes you do. XD I hope you like it if you pick it up.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. You are the second person to mention the Darker Side of Magic..I need to pick that up. I love Estep's book

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed Heir of Fire, although it didn't quite make my list! You've read some great books! :-) My TTT!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I am curious to what made your list if you really enjoyed it. *runs off to look*

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. I really must get around to starting the Sarah Maas series. Everyone raves about it. Guess it is time! Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! The books get better and better as the series goes along.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. We share a couple picks this week! (Heir of Fire and A Darker Shade of Magic) I love the first two Scarlet novels, so I really need to read Lion Heart soon. I also have had Orphan Queen sitting on my shelf for months and just haven't gotten around to it! This is a great list!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Read The Orphan Queen! I cannot stress this enough. I may be, just a tad, in love with this series. Hope you can read all those books soon.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. the TOG series (especially Heir of Fire) made it onto my TTT this week as well! and OMG i am so happy to see Lion Heart on your list! i haven't read it yet, but i just finished Lady Thief yesterday! i've been reading the series over the last few days and i'm hooked!
    http://www.wholly-books.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love Lion Heart when you get it! I can't believe I almost missed out on reading this series.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. I want to read These Broken Stars. Totally can't read it today though, ;) but hopefully before the summer is over I'll get to it. Very glad to hear from someone else that the book was really good. Interested in A Darker Shade of Magic too, but I've promised myself that I have to read Vicious first. And hopefully I'll get to IT next month.

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope you get to read These Broken Stars soon. If not, definitely before book there comes out so you get be ready for that one. I still haven't read Vicious yet myself. I bought it then packed it for the move but I don't have all my books back yet. Soon I hope.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  9. Nice list of books for the year so far. I've heard of many of the titles on your list that I need to read. Soooo many books, so little time to read!!

    Here's a link to my TTT for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/06/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-ive-read.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Soooo many books, so little time to read!!" That should be the official blogger motto because it is the truth!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. A Darker Shade of Magic was easily one of my most favorites so far! :)

    Check out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was such a great book.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...