The Week I Wanted To Do Nothing - Sunday Post #129 - June 14th, 2015

Sunday, June 14, 2015

Paper Bindings - Weekly Recap
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.


Real life wise, this week was a hard one. Going through a few things that is kind of killing my desire to do just about anything but mindless button mashing on my xbox. (There is something about the stupid comments the bandits make as you kill them on the Borderlands games that amuses me. It's not as twisted as it sounds. Been playing the Presequel game.)

Bookwise, I had a good week.

Okay, maybe I haven't read as much as I hoped to have read by this point in the month/year. I recently changed my GoodReads goal from 250 books, down to 200 books because I am really not sure where I'll be by the end of the year. Being 12 books behind was starting to depress me, and I don't want to stress about those numbers, so bye-bye.

But I read some good quality books this week that have really helped me get out of my reading funk. I also got several book mail packages that just brightened up my day when I opened them. (My Nowhere But Here t-shirt and a package from Swich Press Pub.)



Weekly Recap


Read



Truthwitch by Susan DennardPath of the Heretic by Ivan AmberlakeThe Hidden Prince (Orphan Queen # 0.1) by Jodi Meadowslegacy of kings by eleanor hermansoul of the dragon by natalie j. damschrodergaldoni by cheree alsopglamour by penelope fletcher


Technically, I read Truthwitch last week, but I never got around to stating I read it for the Sunday recap post.


Acquired


becoming darkness by lindsay frances bramblesstate of grace by hilary badgerthe ruby airship by sharon goslingThe Hidden Prince (Orphan Queen # 0.1) by Jodi Meadows

Thank you Switch Press Pub for the first three books. I purchased The Hidden Prince novella.

How was your week?

6 comments:

  1. I'm impressed that you have a job and other hobbies and still have time to read with a goal of 200 books! I don't work and rarely go anywhere and my goal is 110. I spend way too much time playing iPad games, though!
    Hope you'll be visiting. http://eviloverlordthoughts.com/weekly-wrap-up-613/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea how I juggle it all either. But I can usually read about 100 pages during my hour lunch break if there is no one around me to talk to. You can definitively look back and see the weeks I didn't spend my time reading by looking at the number of books I've read.

      I hope you can reach and surpass your goal of 110. You can do it!

      What games do you play? I used to do a lot of ipod gaming but for whatever reason I'd get high levels and then one day go to play and all my progress would be gone and unrecoverable. So I just kind of stopped one day.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I changed my goal too, from 150 down to 100, I know I'll probably read more than that but need to realistic.

    Have a great week!

    Heather @ Random Redheaded Ramblings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is it about this year and reading goals? Everyone I know either refused to give a number, selected a super low number, or have downgraded their goal. Best of luck reaching your goal!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. I am so pleased to see BECOMING DARKNESS among your recent acquisitions and I look forward to reading your opinions of my novel.

    It has been a long journey to publication, one that has been fraught with ups and downs and a few hiccups along the way. There were times when I'll admit I was plagued by self-doubts and wondered if the end result of all my hard work would be rewarded. But I was fortunate to have a wonderful agent (Kelly Sonnack of the Andrea Brown Literary Agency) who believed in the work and found it a great home at Switch Press.

    My publisher has been fantastic. From the moment the book sold to them in October of 2013, Switch Press has been nothing but first class. The people there have been a joy to work with -- especially Alison Deering, my editor at Switch Press, who made the process of tweaking the manuscript a painless one.

    Now years of hard and often lonely work have been rewarded, and the book will appear before the public at large in a few months time. Until then, a fortunate few like you have the chance to read it before anyone else and make your opinions known. In some respects you are a trailblazer for the readers who will follow, and there's no question that you will have some impact on the book's future.

    I am truly grateful for individuals like you who have such a passion for books and reading and are willing to spend the time to share that with the world.

    If you have any questions, feel free to ask; and should you wish to know more about the book (including some of the background on its creation), you can find more information on my website.

    Happy Reading!

    Sincerest and warmest regards,

    Lindsay Brambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. Finding out I was getting a box of books from Switch Press was a nice surprise. Learning it was full of books I missed at BEA was an even better surprise. I'm looking forward to reading your book.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...