The Month of Bookish Things - May Recap

Monday, June 1, 2015

Paper Bindings - All Things Life, Books, and Blog Monthly Recap -
Your guide to what's happening at Paper Bindings.

May was full of excitement!

Why?

Because May was the month of all things Book Expo America (BEA) and BookCon. Not only did I get to go to the conventions, I got to hang out with my cobloggers. (Miss you already ladies!)



Read

I read 16 books this month.


 Runes by Ednah Waltersthe essence by kimberly dertlingone potion in the grave by heather blakeethereal by addison mooremidnight frost (mythos academy #5) by jennifer estepthe night so dark (these broken stars #1.5) by amie kaufman and megan spoonerAfter Life Lessons by LC Spoering and Laila BlakeOnyx (Lux Book #2) by Jennifer Lynn ArmentroutPowerless (#1) by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracey Deebspretty little liars by sara sheppardsoulkeepers by gp chingSpelled by Betsy SchowPrudence (The Custard Protocol #1) By Gail CarrigerBlood Bath and Beyond by Michelle Rowenthe witch hunter by virginia boeckerA Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas



 Reviewed


Runes (#1) by Ednah Walters - DNF
The Essence (#2) by Kimberly Dertling - DNF
One Potion in the Grave (Potions #2) by Heather Blake - 4/5
Ethereal by Addison Moore - DNF
Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy #5) by Jennifer Estep - 4/5
This Night So Dark (These Broken Stars #1.5) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - 4/5
After Life Lessons Book Two by Laila Blake and LC Spoering - 3.5/5
Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout - 4/5
Powerless (#1) by Tera Lynn Childs and Tracy Deebs - 5/5
Pretty Little Liars (#1) by Sara Shepard - DNF
The Soulkeepers (#1) by G.P. Ching - DNF
Spelled (#1) by Betsy Schow - 4/5
The Witch Hunter by Virginia Boecker - 4/5
A Court of Thorns and Roses (#1) by Sarah J. Maas - 4/5


Overall rating of books this month: 2.8/5


Read Previously But Review Posted This Month:
Lion Heart (Scarlet #3) by A.C. Gaughen - 5/5
Midnight Frost (Mythos Academy #5) by Jennifer Estep - 4/5


Co-Blogger Reviews:
Tisha:
Denton's Little Death by Lance Rubin - 4/5
The Deathday Letter by Shawn Hutchinson - 5/5



Break It Down

Paper Bindings - May 2015 Recap - The Month of Bookish Things

The only real surprise here was how nicely the divided up into 1/4 and 3/4 ratio.

Paper Bindings - May 2015 Recap - The Month of Bookish Things

To keep the numbers balanced, I only put each book into one category. Is anyone surprised that paranormal wins once again?

Paper Bindings - May 2015 Recap - The Month of Bookish Things

Oh my, those DNFs this month again! At least I'm cleaning up my ebook pile some. And if we ignore those, then I didn't have too bad of a reading month. 



Up On The Blog



In preparation for BEA/BookCon, we shared five things I bet you didn't know about Carrie, Tisha, Tracy, and Stephanie.


We hosted our first ever physical prize giveaway for a Harry Potter themed prize pack.



Upcoming



I'm going to continue my trend of working on all books for review and alternating those with a mix of books I own and books in a series. Hopefully I will make a dent in the completed series that I haven't finished yet. My goal is to get 100% caught up on all series I read by the end of the year. I can do this.

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...