All You Had to Say was Gilded Age (Waiting on Wednesday #103)

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Paper Bindings - Waiting on Wednesday - These Shallow Graves by Jennifer Donnelly
Title: These Shallow Graves
Author: Jennifer Donnelly
Release Date: October 27, 2015
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Genre: YA, Historical

“Set in gilded age New York, These Shallow Graves follows the story of Josephine Montfort, an American aristocrat. Jo lives a life of old-money ease. Not much is expected of her other than to look good and marry well. But when her father dies due to an accidental gunshot, the gilding on Jo’s world starts to tarnish. With the help of a handsome and brash reporter, and a young medical student who moonlights in the city morgue, Jo uncovers the truth behind her father’s death and learns that if you’re going to bury the past, you’d better bury it deep.”

Why?:

Looks more in the vain of A Northern Light by Donnelly, which is one of my all-time favorite books, than her recent books. I'm so excited for this one.
What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?
author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

9 comments:

  1. Saw this book on another WoW! Its' really popular this week
    MY WAITING ON WEDNESDAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Excellent! I hope the book is as good as it's hype.

      Delete
  2. I need this on in my life! It sounds so good! Great pick!
    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Agreed, it does look really good. I got an ARC of it at BEA so I'll let you know how it is soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your WoW sounds really dramatic! This is the first time I'm hearing about it but it sounds like something I would love to read! Thanks for stopping by & sharing your WoW! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks! I'm glad that it sounds like something you'd like to read. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE Ms. Donnelly, cannot WAIT to read this. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. After being in the hospital with a 103 flu, I'm behind on this meme so hope you don't mind I'm commenting nearly a week late.

    I'm undecided on this one. It seems like a great, creepy read though. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's mine

    Also, be sure to check out my $30 giveaway on Amazon here

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...