The Book I Will Stand In Line Hours For At BEA (Waiting on Wednesday #99)

Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.

Paper Bindings - Waiting on Wednesday - Truthwitch by Susan Dennard

Title: Truthwitch (The Witchlands #1)
Author: Susan Dennard
Release Date: January 5th, 2016
Genre: YA - Fantasy

“On a continent ruled by three empires, some are born with a “witchery”, a magical skill that sets them apart from others.

In the Witchlands, there are almost as many types of magic as there are ways to get in trouble—as two desperate young women know all too well.

Safiya is a Truthwitch, able to discern truth from lie. It’s a powerful magic that many would kill to have on their side, especially amongst the nobility to which Safi was born. So Safi must keep her gift hidden, lest she be used as a pawn in the struggle between empires.

Iseult, a Threadwitch, can see the invisible ties that bind and entangle the lives around her—but she cannot see the bonds that touch her own heart. Her unlikely friendship with Safi has taken her from life as an outcast into one of reckless adventure, where she is a cool, wary balance to Safi’s hotheaded impulsiveness.

Safi and Iseult just want to be free to live their own lives, but war is coming to the Witchlands. With the help of the cunning Prince Merik (a Windwitch and ship’s captain) and the hindrance of a Bloodwitch bent on revenge, the friends must fight emperors, princes, and mercenaries alike, who will stop at nothing to get their hands on a Truthwitch.”


Why?:

  • I have three goals at Book Expo America 2015. One of them is standing in line to meet Susan Dennard and snagging a copy of Truthwitch. I will wait in line fore hours if I have to. If I get this one book, I will walk away from BEA happy. 
  • Doesn't this book just sound epic? **If it doesn't you should just reread the blurb and nod when the crazy reader lady asks you if it sounds epic.** 
  • "a Windwitch and ship's captain" = I think I'm swooning already.


What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

12 comments:

  1. Susan Dennard’s books are amazing and I can’t wait for this one either. Fingers crossed you get this one at BEA (wish I could go :( )! Great pick :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fingers are crossed, my toes are crossed, I'd even cross my eyes if I could. But even in the event I do not get it, I'll still have gotten to meet a lot of the bloggers I talk to since we'll all be in line together.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited for Truthwitch! 2016 is too far away!

    Check out my WoW - Under the Lights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I hear something about it, I get super excited until remember i have over half a year to go until release day.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you, and thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. THIS IS AWESOME! I haven't read any of Susan's books but still <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it though? I really have high hopes for this one. XD

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. Wow, the cover is just gorgeous, I've seen this novel on so many blogs now xD I hope it's as good as it sounds/ <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it is as good as it seems. Especially since it feels like I'm going to go to war at BEA to snag a copy. XD

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Now this sounds very cool! Thanks for sharing it as I have added it to my wishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I hope you enjoy it!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...