Time Travel and Privateering, Oh Yes Please (Waiting on Wednesday #100)

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Weekly book Meme hosted by Breaking the Spine.


Paper Bindings - Waiting on Wednesday - Passenger by Alexandra Bracken
Title: Passenger (Untitled Series #1)
Author: Alexandra Bracken
Release Date: January 5th, 2016
Genre: YA - Time Travel

“Violin prodigy Etta Spencer had big plans for her future, but a tragedy has put her once-bright career at risk. Closely tied to her musical skill, however, is a mysterious power she doesn't even know she has. When her two talents collide during a stressful performance, Etta is drawn back hundreds of years through time.

Etta wakes, confused and terrified, in 1776, in the midst a fierce sea battle. Nicholas Carter, the handsome young prize master of a privateering ship, has been hired to retrieve Etta and deliver her unharmed to the Ironwoods, a powerful family in the Colonies--the very same one that orchestrated her jump back, and one Nicholas himself has ties to. But discovering she can time travel is nothing compared to the shock of discovering the true reason the Ironwoods have ensnared her in their web.

Another traveler has stolen an object of untold value from them, and, if Etta can find it, they will return her to her own time. Out of options, Etta and Nicholas embark on a perilous journey across centuries and continents, piecing together clues left behind by the mysterious traveler. But as they draw closer to each other and the end of their search, the true nature of the object, and the dangerous game the Ironwoods are playing, comes to light -- threatening to separate her not only from Nicholas, but her path home... forever.”


Why?:

  • One - That cover....A city in a bottle and a ship underneath. I love you cover. 
  • Two - I enjoyed reading other books by Alexandra Bracken. 
  • Three - Sea battle....privateering...time travel. Book? Marry Me?


What is your Waiting On Wednesday pick this week?

16 comments:

  1. Hey cool, a new series from Bracken!! Why hadn't I heard about this sooner.. And time travel books are just kryptonite for me, so. I guess that's for me - I'm dying. Especially when you used that Hook gif ;) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't care how old he is or what is looks like, in my head he will be exactly like Hook. *swoons* Hope you like this one when you get a chance to read it.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Wow this one sounds amazing. I'm adding it to my TBR right now. I love the cover. Captain Hook....hehe. I love that show. Thanks so much for sharing. I love finding new books with this weekly. Have a great week and happy reading My WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even if I didn't know the author's other works or read the plot, I'd buy it for that cover alone. XD Hope the book is as great as it sounds!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. YES! I've had this on my TBR for a while and I really can't wait to read this :D I hope you enjoy it too :-) I'm a new follower too, so hiya :-) Here's my WoW if you would like to check it out :D have a great day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As soon as I saw this one on twitter I couldn't add it to my TBR fast enough. Hope you enjoy the book too. *waves* Thank you for following.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. This sounds sooo good, too bad it doesn't come out for a while...

    Joana @ The Boundless Book List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the bad thing about getting excited for upcoming books. And then when you love them it feels like it is even longer to wait for the next one.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  5. The cover of this noevl is sooo unqiue! I've seen very few books with the whole glass cover, The Sin Eater's Daughter was quite similar. Hope you enjoy this read <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Secretly, I think this cover is what sold me. XD I still haven't read The Sin Eater's Daughter myself. But you're right, I haven't seen many books with glass type covers.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. This one is definitely one of my most anticipated reads. I've heard such great things about Alexandra Bracken's books! Awesome pick. I'm a new follower. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall I really enjoyed what I read of her other series. (Haven't had a chance to read number 3 yet, but soon.) Hopefully you'll be able to read this one and you will love her writing.

      Thank you for stopping by and thank you for following.

      Delete
  7. Love your Hook gif! I can't wait for this one either. I just saw someone's haul from BEA today and I think this book was in it! Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Hook gif makes this post right? XD I expect we will start seeing more of this book once the BEA goers starting reading it. Here is to hoping all the reviews are good. I'm nervous to start this one myself.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. That looks so completely amazing! Like you, I love the cover, and having both pirates and time travel in the book makes it that much better. Must read!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pirates + anything tend to make books better. Or at least funner. XD I hope you like it too!

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...