Top Ten Tuesday #83 : Ten Authors I REALLY Want To Meet

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Paper Bindings - Top Ten Tuesday
A weekly book meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.


01. J.K. Rowling-  She's smart, funny, a fellow INFJ and the author of "Harry Potter." Of course she'd be at the very top of my list.

02. Ann Rinaldi -  It's no secret how much her books meant to me growing up and they still mean a lot to me now.

03. Rainbow Rowell - "Fangirl." "Eleanor & Park." That's all.

04. Libba Bray - Her mind seems like a crazy but fascinating place to be. She also seems like she'd be fun to be around. Plus she's the author of "Going Bovine" which is one of my favorites.

05. John Green - I'm not quite a "nerdfighter" but I do like the way he writes about life and what it means to be alive.

06. Marie Lu - I loved the "Legend" series and based on her Twitter and Goodreads she seems like an interesting person that I'd like to meet.

07. Stephen Chbosky - He's both the author and director of "Perks of Being a Wallflower" and because of this he's awesome. He also wrote the screenplay for "Rent," was a producer/writer for one of my favorite television shows "Jericho," and is even loosely connected to Poughkeepsie. That's enough in my book.

08. Katherine Howe - She picks topics on points in history that I love. Her first book, "The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane" is about genealogy, graduate research and Salem. The second, "Conversion," is a modern day take on the Salem Witch Trials and the last, "The House of Velvet and Glass" is about life post Titanic. I'd love to meet her because I want to write a historical novel someday but I'm terrible (among other things) writing anything more than a few pages. I'd want to pick her brain to see just how she does it.

09.  David Richard Kasserman-  Author of "" I picked him because I'd love to pick his mind on how he created an engaging microhistory on a real case from early 1800s New England. It's a good read for those who want taste of fiction in a non fiction tale.

10. Ian McEwan- His classic book "Atonement" is amazing. Like the other's I'd want to pick his brain and see how he was able to create such a great story.

What is your Top Ten this week?
author image

Tracy

Tracy is a history/film fan who loves to read YA, historical and contemporary fiction. She’s also a sucker for a sad tale. Harry Potter (“Harry Potter”), Peeta Mellark (“Hunger Games”), Nathaniel Blake (“Little Men”) and Daniel Landon (“Catcher, Caught”) are her literary boyfriends. She’s also the resident Ravenclaw and librarian.

16 comments:

  1. JK Rowling was on my list too! I think every Harry Potter fan wants to meet her!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2015/05/12/top-ten-tuesday-4/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! It would be awesome to met her, though I think I'd freak out lol Thanks for coming by :)

      Delete
  2. I haven't gotten to meet very many of these folks, except Marie Lu....She is, like every author I've met, very gracious.

    Here's mine: Top Ten Authors I Have Met.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to hear more about Marie Lu. That's awesome you got to meet her! Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. Such a great list. I think JK Rowling is making a lot of lists today! She's certainly on mine! And I'd love to meet Libba Bray - her books are so brilliant and funny and strange!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I agree on Libbra Bray :) Thanks for coming by!

      Delete
  4. Definitely John Green and JK Rowling! i think i forgot to put John Green on my list though this week! great TTT post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! What's your favorite John Green book?

      Delete
  6. How in the world did I forget John Green? I feel silly now haha! Great picks here, would definitely LOVE to meet Rowling :3 Here's my TTT if you would like to check it out :-) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good call on Charles Dickens! Thanks reading :)

      Delete
  7. John Green would be fun to meet in real life!!

    Here's a link to my TTT post for this week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/05/top-ten-tuesday-ten-authors-i-really.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like he's be awesome to meet in real life too! I think he will pop up on a lot of TTT's this week! Thanks!

      Delete
  8. J.K. Rowling, girl. J.K. Rowling all the way. I don't know what I would do if I ever actually had the chance to meet her . . . faint, maybe? Haha. ;)

    Love your blog! I'll be visiting again soon.

    Julia Anne @ Peach Print

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you like the blog, it means alot :D LOL I think I'd probably faint too or make awkward small talk. haha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...