I Really Tried With These But They All Ended Up DNFed (The Eh Files)

Friday, May 1, 2015

Paper Bindings | The Eh Files

For all those books rated from DNF to, but not including, three stars, I present to you The 'Eh' Files. At the end of each month I'll be listing all those books that make this category. Since I am aware that some books that are not my cup of tea, but may be something other readers enjoy, I'll include a couple of sentences explaining my rating choice.

The DNF Edition


If you know anything about me and my reading habits, I loathe not finishing things. Even if I despise the book, the characters are just plain two dimensional, or the plot is so holey it is the new Swiss cheese, my curiosity isn't satisfied until I have all the pointless answers.


But lately, I've decided that I have too many books on my TBR, I own too many unread books, and more importantly, my time is to valuable to waste on something that is not fulfilling, books or otherwise. From now on, I am going to be a bit more willing to put down a book that does not intrigue me.

Since I figure my reading habits will change because of my decision, I am going to start showcasing my DNF in The Eh Files quarterly. Or as close as my memory will allow me anyways.



These books, did not make the cut.




Dirty Little Secrets was by far the best of the group. It had plot and was interesting, it just wasn't for me. I prefer a bit more paranormal in my murder mysteries. I really wanted to love The Over Sight but that was not to be. 60 pages in, I just could not get a feel for this world. It was interesting, but so confusing. Too many narrators who knew things they shouldn't know, yet failed to impart the information in a way that made much sense.

For various reasons I couldn't finish Agent I1 and The Witch Who Cried Wolf, but the main one was my inability/dislike of the main characters. Eternal was the biggest disappointment of them all. I remembered enjoying both the first and the second in the series. Either my tastes have changed since then or this book started off worse than the others but I found a free ebook that I DNF more captivating than it.

What about you guys? Are there any books you had to put down recently?




2 comments:

  1. Hmm, I haven't read any of these, they're pretty much new to me since I haven't heard of them. Lately, I have been DNF many books. The last I did that to was The Girl at Midnight, wasn't for me :( Atleast we'll never run out of books to read. There's too many good books out there to read crappy ones, I agree if the plot sucks and i can't connect with the character, I usually put the book back down. <3 Benish| Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3/5 were freebie ebooks I picked up a while ago. Considering I've got a 10%-90% ratio of like-dislike when it comes to freebie ebooks, I'm not too surprised.

      Thank heavens there are so many good books. I'd hate it if there I waited for some book and then if sucked and I had nothing left to read until the next book came out.

      Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...