5 Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Tisha

Saturday, May 9, 2015

Paper Bindings |  5 Things I Bet You Didn’t Know About Tisha


Unless you live under a mound of books, then I’m sure you’ve heard talk about Book Expo America (BEA) and BookCon across the social media web. While two bloggers here at Paper Bindings attended BookCon one day last year, this will be the first time the whole group has gone to a book related function. (Aside from our book club outings that is.)

So to kick off our excitement, we thought we’d share five things about us that most of you wouldn’t already know.

NUMBERS ONE AND TWO:

I'm a transcriber for Alohomora! a global reread of the Harry Potter books podcast, over at mugglenet.com. Basically, I listen to sections of podcast and write out what they say.

It is really fun to remember all the little details about the series that I had forgotten about. Furthermore, I haven't been able to re-read the books as often as I'd like so it's a cheater's way of doing it.

Since we're talking about my love of Harry Potter, something else you probably didn't know about me (and prairiedances) is that I've also met Daniel Radcliffe. He's hilarious and lovely and also very short. 

NUMBER THREE: I love Palm Trees and being by the water.

Not sure if this came about before or after I lived in Central New York for four years or not (you haven't seen winter until you've experienced Lake-effect snow), but especially after a long winter I want nothing more than to be by the ocean with a book on the beach. I cannot even really swim very well; I just like looking out on to the water. Plus, beach areas tend to be more laid back, which is more my style.


NUMBER FOUR: I'm really bad at small talk.

I am at that age where there are one, two, or three weddings that I have to attend a year. I am what you would call a functioning introvert, which means that I can turn on extrovert qualities when I need to or when I am comfortable in a situation. However, what I have learned is that I am as far from comfortable at weddings as I can be. All the forced socialization, awkward dancing, people whom you do not know... I want to talk, I do, but for some reason if someone asks 'what's new’, my mind goes completely blank. Myers-Briggs tells me it is an INFJ thing, that I find small talk insincere, and what I really want to talk about is what makes people passionate... so yeah, let us blame it on that.


NUMBER FIVE: I hate being next to the edge of a cliff.

Oddly specific, I know, but actually, it comes up a lot. I once drove on Mulholland Drive in Los Angeles, California looking for the famous Hollywood sign and almost had a heart attack. Here I am, with Obikitty and prairiedances, driving up a mountain with literally nothing next to me, but a nice free fall down to death. No, thank you. Needless to say, we never did find that sign.

I think it comes from my summers as a child visiting Jamaica, were the roads are extremely narrow and there's either a cliff or a wall or a giant truck on either side of you as you go into the mountains and the 2005 film Stay with Ryan Gosling, Naomi Watts, and Ewan McGregor. Gosling's character gets a flat tire on the Brooklyn Bridge and his entire family dies a sad and gruesome death. Go watch it. I dare you.



The Bloggers


Tisha


author image

Tisha

As an INFJ Tisha doesn’t like she obsesses. Luckily, she has television, film, and books to keep her busy. Although YA is her favorite, she loves all types of books especially historical fiction. This resident Gryffindor also enjoys traveling and seeing where her wanderlusting nature will take her. Twitter

3 comments:

  1. We are probably literally the only people ever to be unable to find that dang sign. It's almost a joke: "They are so bad at finding things that they couldn't find the Hollywood sign in the middle of LA". It's huge and clear as day on the middle of a hill.

    And we had directions. And GPS. I'm still not sure how we managed it...

    Defeated by a sign *headdesk*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm telling you, you were in a comedy where all you did was drive circles around it. One of those if you just looked the correct way, you'd see it type things. XD Maybe next time. I still want to go to California one day.

      Delete
  2. Lol I think we only had gps on our phones or something and the service kept cutting out. But yeah I still can't believe we never found it. Sounds good dreams! We're not always bad at directions!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting and taking the time to sharing your thoughts with us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...